Chapter 9: Final Selection

Author note:
Hello minna-san!!! First of all, Thank you Raiple,JeR0nimo,Sxturniix,MaddyA13,
RosesCurse For your suggestion and giving me ideas, you have a creative mind but there's still a moment that i still have to choose from your amazing suggestions :( sorry

All of your suggestions does give me ideas and i think i'll change some part of it. But the majority is from your suggestions.

Now to the plot~
(N/n) - nickname (fake)

(Y/n) POV

   Its already been a year since i leave the place i called home and stumble upon a small town near the village at the east.

 After finishing my job i walk through the street and stopped in front of a certain Bar house, looking around making sure no one's looking i pulled my hood off the hood down my head revealing my hair in a half bun and half not with the Phoenix hairpin keeping the bun part in place and my face before entering the said bar. The place is lively as always, "oh, hey (n/n) finished your job already?" Toko asked noticing me enter her own shop after giving the man's drink.

"Yup, piece of cake." I replied sitting in front of the wooden counter. Toko and i met eight months ago, when the first week leaving my once called home, i live in the forest for a few days.

   Strengthening my skills in using knife and improvised weapon to hunt for food, sharpening my senses and training. Mostly trying to build my own strength back from my world, sometimes i happened to crosspath with demons who's lurking around the forest near my makeshift camp.

    Im quite a light sleeper, so any kind of small noise can wake me up. And whoever disturb me from my sleep will be count as dead. Well since no one knew i was in the woods, most likely demons were the one who i unconsciously end up killing for ruining my sleep.

  In one of my nightly walk in the forest, Toko happen to ran on me saying a demon is after her as for me who's itching for a fight ended up saving her, im quite surprised that she wasn't scared of me after seeing how i killed the one who's chasing her that it appeared it was actually a demon. Toko were the same age as me, she offered me to live with her as a gratitude for saving her life. I mean who won't take free offers right?

  Since that day i found myself befriending her, we're like best friend. We shared the same interest, not the interest that i love to assassinate people for good amount of money, and sometimes i assassinate people who do bad doings. Toko knew of it and kept it secret.

   "By the way, Toko. Any job request for me?" I asked in a silent tone after she place my usual drink in front of me. "There is two but, the price is not worth it." She replied sliding the two paper in the table secretly. Studying the offer, i scoff. "Seriously what do they think of me, killing people who don't even deserve it?" I said crumpling the papers before throwing it at the trash before taking a sip in my drink.

   "I agree." Toko said wiping the tables, "aren't you worried that someone will know your identity?" She asked looking at me in slight worry.

"Nah~ i can silence them in no time." I replied taking another sip from my drink. I can tell she shake her head to the side before sighing, "what an odd person you are." She muttered before tending to someone for their orders.