50. Odd Preferences and Live Actions

CHAPTER 50
Odd Preferences and Live Actions

"I can't believe you're making me do this." I glared at him.

"Oh, come on, Lynne. It can't be that bad." He shrugged.

"It's going to be a disaster, Blake. I don't think I would be able to make it through the whole evening without killing her," I said.

"I still don't get why you hate her so much." He rolled his eyes. "Look, you're my best friend, and she's my girlfriend. You're both important in my life, and I want you two to get along."

"But I don't want to get along with her," I whined.

"And I don't want to get along with Cole. But I'm still going to try for the sake of peace," he said.

I huffed and folded my arms with a pout. Blake stopped the car in front of the same diner we fought in front of before we started growing apart. That place just brought back all the partially forgotten sorrows, and I wrapped my arms around myself, as I felt a chill down my spine.

Stepping out of the car, I followed behind Blake as he entered the diner.

Cole sat with Terra in one of the seats, laughing along with her words. The moment we opened the door, his eyes averted to Blake, killing his laugh, letting a deep frown appear on his face.

"I bet he's going to be a dick all day long," Blake mumbled into my ears, making me do a facepalm.

"Blake, he's not that bad," I said.

"Yes, he is! He is always so rude to me!" Blake pouted.

"Can you really blame him?" I asked, pulling him towards the table.

Blake rolled his eyes, sitting next to Terra, and as soon as I dropped to the seat beside Cole, he grabbed my face, placing a hungry kiss on my lips. I pulled away from the kiss, giving a confused glance at his sudden display of affection only to see him smirking at an angry Blake.

"Don't do that," I whispered into Cole's ears, making sure that the other two can't hear us. The new proximity between us only increased the glare on Blake's face, and Terra uncomfortably stared at the table, keeping no eye contact with us.

"Why not?" Cole shrugged innocently.

"You know why not, Cole. I don't see you so enthusiastic to kiss me when we're alone," I grumbled, and he sighed, looking away from me to Terra and Blake.

"Why don't I go order something." Blake's voice snapped my head away from Cole to him.

"That's not necessary. They'll send someone to take our order," Terra informed.

"No, it's alright. I'll just go there and order before I break someone's neck." Blake scowled at Cole, not even trying to be a little subtle as he got up from his seat, walking away from us.

I decided to keep quiet, repressing the urge to claw Terra's brains out as she fiddled with a napkin on the table. Does she have to look so annoying even while doing something so simple?

I caught Cole staring at her, and I wouldn't be surprised if a little drool leaked out of his mouth, but thank god, he didn't.

For sure, Blake escaped from this shit, trapping me in this shitty booth in a shitty diner with the shittiest person ever to exist along with a guy who is so fucking obsessed with her.

Ignoring all that, I sighed, watching the clock tick, waiting for Blake to return, and he only did after what felt like a century, holding our drinks on a tray.