33. Awkward Rides and Boy Toys

Chapter 33
Awkward Rides and Boy Toys

The day he first kissed me, that was one of the best days of my life. Thinking back to that day, I remembered how I had an actual chance to be with him, but I blew it. I wish I could go back and change it all, but I couldn't and now it was all over.

I sighed and stuffed all my books into my locker after the last period before turning towards Hazel and Kate who stood by my locker.

"Whose place are we going to?" Kate asked.

"Mine." I replied.

"Did any of you drive here?" Hazel asked, "I was too sleepy so my driver brought me here."

"I came here with Jack." Kate said before turning to me.

"I drove here with Asher." I said before I suddenly remembered something. "Oh my god! I promised Blake that I would let him drive me home."

"Great! Ask him to drive us too." Kate said.

"Well, there's one problem." I said hesitantly.

"Let me, guess. He won't let me inside his car." Hazel said.

"He probably won't. But that's not it." I said.

"Then?"

"I broke up with him today." I said, "Sort of. If you could call it that."

Hazel and Kate stared at me with wide eyes before shouting "What?!" in chorus.

"When?" Hazel asked.

"Why?" Kate asked before I could reply to Hazel.

"How?" Hazel asked and I rolled my eyes.

"We'll talk about this once we reach home." I said, "I don't even know if he would give me ride home now."

"He probably would." Kate assured and I gave her a small smile.

I walked out of the school with them following behind me and he was actually there, leaning against the hood of his car.

"You go talk to him. We'll wait here." Kate said and I smiled at her before walking up to him.

"Lynne", he smiled before standing up straight.

"Hey", I said in low voice and looked up at him with a smile.

He walked closer, taking every step cautiously before he was in front of me. His eyes bore into mine as he slowly caressed my cheek, making it feel like it was burning up in flames.

"This is going to be so hard for me, Lynne." He whispered.

"We'll get used to it." I said and he looked at me sadly before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Let's go." He said and grabbed my hands.

"About the ride......" I trailed.

"You don't want to ride with me anymore?" He asked worried.

"No, that's not what I meant." I said, "There's this party tonight and Hazel and Kate are coming over to my house to get dressed." I said and he groaned.

"Why can't they just get dressed at their own house?" He asked.

"We went shopping last week and all the clothes are at my house." I explained and he rolled eyes. "So, can they ride along?"

"Kate can." He said and I chuckled.

"And Hazel?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Please, Blake." I begged, giving him a pout that I knew was adorable and he groaned.