26. Needless Jealousy and Tiresome Arguments

CHAPTER 26
Needless Jealousy and Tiresome Arguments

Blake's POV

"You were distracted, Vandy!" The coach yelled at me as everyone walked into the locker room after practice. "Do you have a crush on Hamilton? You were staring at him throughout the entire practice." 

"Fuck no!" I grimaced. 

"Language, Vandy." He warned.

"Can you stop calling me that?" 

"Get a shorter name and we'll think about it." 

"Just call me Blake." I suggested. 

"What are you? My drinking buddy?" He asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes. 

"I'll be your drinking buddy." Jack panted as he came running towards us, halfway through his punishment sprints. "Just don't make me do these stupid sprints when I'm late." 

"I'm not that desperate for a drinking buddy." The coach deadpanned. 

"I own a club." Jack said, "Free booze anytime you want and access to the VIP lounge. All you have to do is excuse my tardiness." 

The coach thought for a second. "Alright, let's talk." He said and Jack smirked before they both walked away.

"Lucky dick." I heard a voice from beside me and I looked at Asher. 

"Why don't our parents own a club?" I asked and he nodded in undersanding as we both walked towards the locker room. 

"So, you have a crush on Cole?" Asher smirked and I glared at him.

"But seriously, you've been glaring at him every chance you get for the past few days." He said. 

"He pisses me off." I mumbled as I entered the locker room. 

Asher opened his locker and I leaned against the one opposite to his. 

"You and Lynne talk about stuff, right?" I asked. 

"That depends on what stuff means." He said, "We don't talk about sex, so I do not know what she likes or dislikes in bed, if that's what you want to know." 

"I know what she likes better than she does." I said, "And that's not what I'm talking about." 

"Then what do you want to know?" 

"Is she seeing Cole?" I asked. 

"Cole?" He frowned, "Is that what this whole glaring thing is about?" 

"Just tell me." 

"Nothing that I know of. But as I told you, we do not talk about sex."

"So, you think she's having sex with him?" I asked, getting an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

"No, I didn't say that." He said, "What's your problem now?" 

"I heard her talking over the phone with him the other day and they seemed close." I grumbled. 

"Of course they're close. They've been friends for almost eight years." 

"They seemed even closer." I said.

"Was she flirting with him?" He asked.

"Yes"

"That's it?" He asked with a blank look, "Dude, she flirts with everyone." 

"But he is not everyone. He's her friend." 

"So? Remember how her and Jack used to be before he started dating Kate? They used to flirt all the time and you had no problems with it."