6. Failed Plans and Late-night Talks

CHAPTER 6
Failed Plans and Late-night Talks

Cole walked over to Jack and raised his arms to punch him.

"Cole stop." I said standing in between Jack and him.

"You were in on this." He snarled.

"I'm guessing Blake called", I said and he nodded.

"What exactly did he tell you?" I asked. 

"He told me that he was taking Terra home because she was making out with Jack on MDMA pills. And you're still holding the bottle", he said pointing at the bottle clutched in my hand. 

On the inside, I was mentally hitting myself with a sledge hammer for not bringing a purse tonight.

On the outside, I smirked as I thought of a lie. 

"Well, you've only heard his side of the story then. The pill was meant for Hazel." Hazel's eyes grew wide and her cheeks visibly reddened while Asher and Jack tried to hold back a laugh 

"She put it in her drink and asked me to hold it for her. Then Terra, who was extremely drunk and out of her mind, just came in and literally snatched the cup away from me. And she had downed the whole thing before I could say anything about it", I finished innocently.

"Yeah and then she found me", Jack started, "I genuinely thought she was interested in me. One could only dream", he played along putting a hand on his heart.

"Is this true?" Cole asked Hazel. Asher was still silently laughing at Hazel's previous embarrassment.

She glared at his amused face before turning to Cole, "Yeah, it's true. Asher just wasn't doing it for me anymore."

Now it was Asher's chance to blush and this time Jack and I didn't hold back our laughter.

Cole shook his head with a small smile creeping up his lip.

"Blake said he's taking her to his place", he informed and I felt panic rise inside me but I still managed to maintain my cool exterior.

"Well, I'm going to go drop in at his place and get her", Cole said. We watched as he walked out of the house and then let out a sigh of relief.

"Holy Crap!" I cursed and took a seat in of one of the couches.

"Next time, maybe don't make plans like this", Asher said sitting down next to me.

"I can't even imagine how Cole would've reacted if he knew the truth." Hazel said sitting on my other side.

"I definitely don't want to know." Jack shuddered probably thinking of different ways Cole would disfigure his face.

"Well I'm going to leave now", Asher said then turned to Hazel.

"Hazel, Meet me upstairs when you're done. I'm going to make sure you regret what you told Cole", he said with a smirk before leaving.

Jack and I exchanged an amused look and turned towards an extremely red Hazel. 

"Umm, I have to leave now", Hazel said shyly before getting up.

"Enjoy walking. You probably won't be able to tomorrow", Jack shouted out loud at Hazel's retrieving figure grabbing the attention of a few people. I laughed and lightly punched him on the shoulder.

"I've got to leave too." Jack told me. We said our goodbye's and left the party.

As soon as I got into the car, I called Blake but he didn't pick up. I sighed and drove back home. The cook, Helena's voice rang through the house as soon as I entered.