3. Unwanted Guests and Troubling Fights

*Edited*

CHAPTER 3
Unwanted Guests and Troubling Fights

"Hey," I greeted, giving Cole and Terra a tight-lipped smile, "come in."

A glare shined across my eyes as she stepped in, looking around my house. Cole followed behind her, but before he could enter the living room, I grabbed his hand. Terra gave us a puzzled glance, and in response, Cole gestured her to keep walking before he turned to me. 

"Could you remind me when I invited her?" I hissed.

"Addy, she was bored, and I didn't want to leave her alone at home."

"You could've told me." 

"Would you have let her come if I told you?"

"Of course not," I scoffed.

"Exactly. I know you don't like her. But try to get along with her please?"

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you are a nice human being?" he tried with an awkward smile.

"Even I know that's not true, Cole." I deadpanned, making him chuckle. 

"Come here, I missed you," he said, pulling me into a hug.

"You're avoiding the subject," I pointed out.

He sighed, pulling away from the hug. "Let's keep this aside and join the others, shall we?"

"Fine," I mumbled, walking into the living room with him following behind me. 

The moment I entered, my heart stopped, and a gush of heat rushed through my body. I saw red, watching Terra sat in my previous seat with Blake's arm casually slung around her shoulder. He whispered something to her, and she giggled as a blush creeped up her cheeks. 

Cole tensed up beside me, and I realized he wasn't happy with this either. Everyone but Blake and Terra seemed to notice the tension in the room as I huffed, walking over to Kate and sitting down next to her. 

"Are you alright?" she whispered to me, and I nodded a yes.

"So," Asher started, trying to break the tension, "what are we doing tonight?"

I took in a deep breath, plastering a fake smile on my face. "We could watch a movie and have drinks in the pool," I suggested, and everyone approved excitedly. 

"Hazel choose the movie," I ordered, "and I'll get the popcorn."

As Hazel began browsing through the TV, I got up from my seat, walking into the kitchen to pick up the popcorn prepared by my cook. Making my way to the kitchen counter, I halted, hearing footsteps behind me.

"Why the hell is your boyfriend slobbering over Terra?"

I rolled my eyes, turning to Cole. "He's not my boyfriend."

"I don't care if he's your boyfriend or not. My problem is that he is getting all over Terra."

My blood boil as he mentioned it, but I held back my rage, diverting my thoughts to a question that had been bugging me for a while.

"Why do you care?" I asked. "Do you like her?"

"N-no, I don't like her," he stuttered, and I smirked. He likes her.

"Look, she's my best friend and I don't want a guy like Blake hurting her," he explained.

"Sure, that's it." I laughed sarcastically.