4. Caught Lies and Unpleasant Dinners

CHAPTER 4
Caught Lies and Unpleasant Dinners

It was just the end of first period and I was already tired. I walked towards my locker when I saw Blake leaning against it.

"Hey Lynne"

"What do you want, Blake?" I grumbled as I opened my locker.

"You could be a little nicer you know", he suggested.

"I'm not in the mood to be nice."

He let out a defeated sigh. "Lynne, I don't want to fight."

"Neither do I. Which is why, I suggest we don't talk now."

"Lynne, I don't like this. We never fight", he said ignoring what I said.

"I know. And it's all because of that bitch"

"No. It's because of your unnecessary hatred for her", he said calmly.

I didn't say anything. I don't really have a huge reason to hate Terra, do I?

"Look, I was pissed when I found you with Cole and you were pissed when you saw me with Terra. Can we just forgive each other and move on?" he asked.

"Cole and I were just talking." I pointed out.

"Same with Terra and me", he said.

I remained silent. They were just talking, but something felt wrong to me.

"Lynne, we're fighting for absolutely no reason. Can't we please just forget about this?" he pleaded.

"I guess", I said finally giving in. I didn't really have a valid reason to argue anyways.

"So, we're good again?"

"Yeah" I smiled at him.

"Great. I hate the thought of you being mad at me."

He put his palm on my cheek and leaned down to place a kiss on my lip. "I really am sorry for last night" he said.

"I'm sorry too." I said and he grinned.

"So, I wanted to ask you something." he said.

"What is it?"

"You know the annual charity event thrown by the Hamiltons every year?"

"Yeah. I heard that my parents are going." I replied. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my date", he said sheepishly.

"But—"

"I know you don't want to face your parents. But I'll stay by your side the whole night. I'll make sure they'll come nowhere near you", he said.

"I don't know......" I trailed off as he made cute puppy dog eyes at me, "Fine, I'll go"

"Great. I'm going to make sure it's fun for you. You won't regret it." He said before pecking my lips softly.

"Okay. What do you have last period?" I asked.

"Algebra. Why?"

"Want to skip?" I asked as I trailed a finger down his chest.

"Uh, I can't. I-I have a test"

"A test? It's the second day of school"

"Yeah, umm...... it's a pre-requisite test", he said and I frowned.

"A pre-requisite test?" I asked to which he nodded

"Okay" I said not fully convinced.

"Alright. Bye." He placed a kiss on my cheek before walking towards his class.