22. Perfect Lives and Brief Contempt

*Edited*

CHAPTER 22
Perfect Lives and Brief Contempt

Thanks, big guy watching over me from the heavens. Thank you so much for this wonderful life.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. The past two months had been the best days of my life. I had lived for more than seventeen years on this earth, and those two months topped every moment of it.

Blake spent almost every single day and night at my place. Even if we didn't have sex, we would watch a movie, go out for dinner or maybe just sit around and talk.

It was just him and me. No other girls and no other guys. Especially no Terra.

It was almost as if we were an actual couple, and I enjoyed every single second of it.

I opened my eyes, hoping Blake to be the first thing I see in the morning, just like every other day. But instead, I was greeted by an empty bed.

Alarmed by his absence, I quickly sat up on my bed with a frown and looked around the room.

No, no. He won't leave me, would he?

"You're awake." My head snapped towards the bathroom and I let out a breath of relief when Blake appeared with a towel tied securely around his waist.

He smiled at me before climbing on the bed as the water droplets dripped down from his hair.

"Blake, be careful. You'll get water on our bed."

"After everything we've done on this bed, you're worried about getting water on it?" Blake smirked and I gave him an eye-roll as he lied down next to me.

"And our bed?" he asked, finding my hair between his fingers and twirling a strand.

My eyes widened, and I lifted my head with an alarmed heart. "I didn't mean it like... you know... I just thou—"

"I like it." He smiled. He caressed my hair, placing my head on his chest. Warmth creeped up my heart as I wrapped an arm around him.

"How come you woke up early today?" I asked.

"I planned something special for us today."

"Like what?" I asked as an inevitable smile appeared on my lips.

"It's a surprise. Brush your teeth, shower and get dressed." He said. "On second thought, don't get dressed. I won't complain if you're naked." He smirked.

I smacked his chest with a playful glare before getting off the bed. I felt Blake's gaze on my ass as I walked to the bathroom, and I turned my head, giving him a teasing smile until I made a turn, letting a wall block my view to the bed.

After my shower, I put on a robe that barely covered anything, and headed out my room. I frowned at the odd density of the air, and sniffed, feeling a strong burning scent rush up my nose. 

I climbed down the stairs to a foggy hallway, and followed the smoke till it led me to the kitchen.

"Helena," I called out to my maid as the smell got stronger, "something's burning."

I entered the kitchen and my mouth fell open on seeing Blake in front of the stove, shirtless in a pair of shorts and an apron.

"You're cooking?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes." He turned around and I got a good view of his apron that said 'Always rub my own meat'.

I read it out loud and looked up at him before bursting into laughter, making him roll his eyes.