31. Painful Sacrifices and Heartbreaking Endings

CHAPTER 31
Painful Sacrifices and Heartbreaking Endings

Blake's POV

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as Asher pulled my arms.

"We'll explain later. Just hurry up!" Jack said, walking along with us.

They pulled me out of the school and finally stopped when we reached the bleachers.

"I want to talk to you." Asher said.

"About?" I asked when at the same time Jack shouted "What?!"

"We're here to talk about Addy." Asher clarified and I gave him a confused look.

"What the fuck?!" Jack exclaimed, "I thought we were skipping school."

"No, we're going back in after lunch." Asher said.

"Oh man!" Jack sighed before plopping down on the bleacher and Asher rolled his eyes as he sat down, then gestured me to take a seat too.

"Who is Addy to you?" Asher asked me.

"She's my best friend." I answered and he rolled his eyes.

"Do you like Addy?" He asked his next question.

"Of course, I do. She's my best friend." I replied and he took in an exasperated breath.

"Do you like Addy romantically?"

"No, she's my bes–"

"You say that one more time and I'll punch your teeth out!" Asher shouted.

"What else am I supposed to say?" I asked.

"I'll change my style of questioning. Maybe that would help." He sighed.

"Why are you asking me these questions?" I asked and he gave me a pointed look.

"I am the one asking the questions. Not you. So, just shut up unless you have to answer." He ordered and I rolled my eyes.

"Would you rather watch her getting married to someone else, or be the one to marry her?" He asked and I felt my heart clench at the thought.

"Who the fuck thinks about marriage in high school?" I asked, unable to answer his question.

"I do." Jack said, "On my wedding day, I want an outdoor wedding, a huge chocolate cake and of course, carnations. They're Kate's favorite flowe– What?" He asked, noticing the weird looks Asher and I gave him.

"Dude, that is so creepy." Asher said.

"You were the one who started this conversation." Jack argued.

"I was just giving an example." Asher said, shaking his head. "Never mind. I'll ask you another question.

I groaned, "Please, don–"

"Would you rather watch her date someone else, or be the one to date her?" He asked.

"Is this about Cole?" I asked, "Does she want to date Cole?"

"Oh, fuck no!" Asher said, "Just answer the damn question!"

"But I need to know if there's something going on with her and Cole. She was with him after school yesterday. And she won't kiss me anymore or even want to be in the same car as me. What if this has something to do with Cole?"

"There is nothing going on between her and Cole, Blake." Asher said, "Forget about him and think about what you want with Addy."

"I need more time to think." I said.