002

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter two:you are the music in me !

chapter two:
you are the music in me !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

FINALLY, IT WAS New Years' Eve. Athena sat at the vanity in her room, applying some mascara to her eyelashes while Violetta pinned back her hair behind her. Taylor Swift songs played softly in the background and filled the silent air as the two girls concentrated on what they were doing. A knock was then sounded at the door, and Athena turned to look at it while lowering the mascara wand in her hand.

"Come in," she said.

The door opened to reveal Artemis. "Hey, I'm leaving. Be careful and call me if you need anything, okay? I think mom and dad are spending the night at our aunt's house."

She nodded. "Thanks, Artie. Have fun."

"Not too much fun!" Violetta called as Artemis shut the door, putting another bobby pin in her hair.

Athena laughed slightly and twisted the top back on to her mascara tube. "I don't think she's going to do anything crazy, Vi. You know Artemis, she's chill."

Violetta placed the final bobby pin in her hair, seemingly satisfied. "Yeah, but homegirl's going off to college in a couple of months. You never know."

"Don't remind me." Athena sighed. "It's gonna be so weird not having her around all the time. We've never really been separated . . . ever."

"I get it," Violetta agreed. "Especially with EJ . . . we're doing really well, but I'm gonna miss him a lot when he leaves."

Athena smiled reassuringly at her. "You two are amazing together. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll try and make it work."

Violetta's phone ringer went off, and she walked over to where her phone was resting on Athena's bed. "Speaking of him, it's EJ. He's waiting outside. I'll see you at Ash's."

Athena waved at her as Violetta left her room. She let out a deep breath and stood up from her vanity, walking over to her nightstand. Athena sat down on her her bed and picked up her phone. She smiled slightly at the picture of her and Ricky as her lock screen before opening up the photos app. Athena quickly found the picture she was looking for, which was the one of the cast on opening night of High School Musical: The Musical.

That night had to be probably one of the best nights of her life. Sure, not everything went exactly according to plan, but the pure joy she had felt while up on that stage . . . there wasn't anything like it. Miss Jenn was apparently announcing the new musical tonight at midnight. The obvious choice for it was High School Musical 2, but still, Athena couldn't wait to be in another musical with everyone.