013

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter thirteen:the case of the missing necklace

chapter thirteen:
the case of the missing necklace
. . . oh, and a beast mask !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA'S NECKLACE WAS missing. The one Ricky gave her with the owl, letter R, and planet Saturn charms on it that Ricky gave her? Yep, that one.

Now, let's get one thing straight — Athena always had it on. She would rarely be caught without it.
However, when the R charm on the necklace was coming loose, she had given it to Kourtney to tighten it because she didn't want it to fall off.

According to Kourtney, she had placed it on one of the tables in the dressing room in plain sight, left the room for two minutes to go grab something, and then when she came back, it was gone. Kourtney had looked for it everywhere but couldn't find it all. She had apologized profusely to Athena, but Athena was just mostly worried and confused. One, that necklace meant everything to her, where could it have gone? And two, how could've it just disappeared into thin air?

She was upset. And that means Ricky was also upset. He seemed to be getting better at communicating, which was good. Ricky had told her about all the things bothering him. First it was Nini's Rose Song actually being a solo instead of a duet between the Beast and the rose (which was blowing up on Instagram, by the way), and then it was Athena's missing necklace (of course he was upset, he gave it to her.)

Currently, all of them were gathered in the dressing room because Miss Jenn had called them there. Athena stood in between Ricky and Violetta, anxiously glancing around to see if she caught sight of the silver chain anywhere. Nothing. She knew Kourtney was telling the truth about what happened. Why would she lie? It was just so weird how it was gone just like that . . . unless . . .

"Everyone, attention please!" Miss Jenn announced, stopping all of their conversations. "I'm sure you're wondering why I called this special midday drama club meeting."

"Oh, are you announcing the fall musical?" Seb asked. "I vote Dear Evan Hansen."

"No, Seb. It's March. And the rights won't be available for five years. I tried. I am announcing that we are in such a good place after our improv workshop. We're getting one step closer to Menkies gold. And, today, our wonderful actor slash designer, Kourtney Greene, is going to show you your completed costumes!"

Athena's face instantly brightened. She momentarily forgot about her missing necklace and looked to the costume rack, which Nini pulled a white sheet off of to reveal the costumes. It was already kind of surreal singing Belle's songs, but now that she had a costume, it was getting real.