009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter nine:celebrating carlos !

chapter nine:
celebrating carlos !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA WAS ALL for spontaneous outings. However, she was just the tiniest bit confused as to why they were all at Seb's barn at eleven o'clock at night. The entire group (minus Carlos — Athena could only assume this had to do with his birthday on Saturday) carried lanterns as they navigated their way through the dark barn. Athena kept her hand grasped with Ricky's while they heard sheep bleating and cows mooing all around them. Every so often, Ricky would look back at her (he was leading with the lantern) and the two of them would share a small laugh. God, what had they gotten themselves into now?

They stopped by some bales of hay. Gina and Seb seemed perfectly calm, but the rest of them . . . not so much. Ashlyn was latched onto Big Red's arm as the animals continued to make noises. Kourtney kept checking her boots to see if they were getting dirty (newsflash — they were.) Nini stayed by her side and kept reassuring her that they could clean her boots later. Violetta had her hand interlocked with EJ's, the two of them whispering back and forth to each other. There was a lot of sarcastic eye rolls and laughs along with it.

"Why do I hear sheep but don't see sheep?" Ashlyn asked.

"Oh, that's Jimmy," Seb explained. "He has social anxiety."

"Well, I'm team Jimmy," Kourtney replied. "I don't camp, I don't glamp, I don't even sleep without a silk pillow case."

Everyone chuckled a bit. Another sheep bleated, making EJ jump and let out a small yelp.

Violetta laughed loudly from her place next to him. "Oh, you are so not living that one down."

EJ glared at her playfully. "You know, sometimes I really wonder why I voluntarily decided to date you."

"It's because I'm irresistible, sweetie."

"Listen, I'm sure Seb and Gina have a good reason for bringing us to his barn so late on a school night," Ricky cut in. He then looked over to his girlfriend. "Not that I mind the romantic setting."

Athena raised an eyebrow at him. "If you consider this romantic, we're breaking up."

"Never mind. It's not romantic anymore."

"Okay, so, we gathered you guys here tonight 'cause I've got this idea," Gina announced. "And because we only have forty-eight hours to pull it off, it's going to take all of us."