018

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter eighteen:spring break !

chapter eighteen:
spring break !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS SPRING break, and Athena was more than grateful for the rest. Between homework, tests, play rehearsals, writing songs, and focusing on healing herself, she was getting pretty exhausted.

Athena didn't really know how, but she got dragged to spend the day at Ashlyn's house with her, Violetta, and EJ. She presumed Violetta just wanted to get her out of the house — after all, maybe being cooped up in her room all day with pictures of Ricky decorating her walls wasn't very beneficial. Besides, Miss Jenn had set up a small Zoom meeting for them, so now the four of them would be in one place at the same time.

The Zoom link then opened. Ashlyn, EJ, Athena, and Violetta all gathered around Ashlyn's computer to greet everyone while EJ's was set up on the other side of the room. Instead of the four of them cramming into one space, Violetta would go with EJ and Athena would stay with Ashlyn. Finally, they joined the link.

"What's up?" Ashlyn and EJ chorused in a funny sort of voice.

Athena looked around at the screen. Miss Jenn was in the bomb shelter at East High, Nini was in her bedroom, Carlos was on a beach (Los Cabos, he had posted about five hundred selfies of him there), and Seb was in his barn.

"Hi, y'all!" Nini greeted.

"Sorry, our parents all went to Park City together and left us to watch the house," Ashlyn explained as Violetta and EJ went over to his computer. "We've been streaming old movies."

"Yeah, watched Scary Movie last night," EJ added. "Ah! What a classic."

"Never heard of it," Seb admitted.

"You guys are watching like, old, old movies," Nini voiced. "Hey, Athena, what are you and Vi doing over there?"

Athena shrugged. "Violetta got invited over, and then I was dragged along, so we're just, you know . . . here."

"That's a new necklace, Athena," Miss Jenn noticed. "It's pretty."

Athena looked down. Her neck felt pretty bare without her other one, so she had started wearing a silver chain with a simple A charm that Violetta had gotten her one Christmas a couple of years ago.