author's note

𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒹, 𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝓁𝑜𝓊𝒹,

--- ☆ • ♫ • ♪ • ♫ • ☆ ---

MY BABIES NO

I'M UPSET

shut the fuck up I don't wanna let them go :(((

athena blake & ricky bowen are literally my children and are probably one of my favorite oc couples to this date. they deserve the world and so much more. after everything they've been through, they deserve to be together.

even after I made them break up . . . oopsies.

no but seriously I think that break up was sort of good for them. ever since that hint of drivers license in perfect harmony (which has over 60k reads now wtf thank you????) I knew that it would definitely have to make a reappearance.

besides that little breakup, there were some good rathena moments in this book. literally everything that I admitted I wanted to happen to ricky and athena in perfect harmony's author's note came true. ricky sang her the perfect gift as a christmas present, they sang you are the music in me together, and we got to see their very first valentine's day.

and then there was lily. that stupid little blonde girl. seriously ricky had some fucking nerve calling her in the finale — anyways, I made her extra annoying in this fic (athena and her's first interaction, the audition thing, the stolen necklace) to add way more drama and I think it turned out pretty well. and the whole gina thing was solved as well, but lily . . . athena and violetta really popped off.

let me just say that I absolutely ADORED athena as belle. I honestly didn't want to take that role away from ashlyn but y'all convinced me to follow my heart, and my heart was telling me athena had to be belle. not because of lily, not because of ricky, but for herself. she absolutely killed it.

I want to reminisce a little bit on writing this story. the first chapter I wrote the day the show came out, may 14th. I was laying in bed, writing it on my phone as I recovered from my second covid vaccine shot. even though I had a splitting headache, I knew that I couldn't wait — for I was too excited for the continuation of ricky & athena's story, whom I hadn't written about in a month after the completion of perfect harmony.

so as I was in the middle of trying not to fall asleep bc I was literally so knocked out, I wrote athena & ricky at their happiest. that snowball fight, their christmas present exchange, the new year's party . . . I like to think that was the peak of their relationship. there's no doubt in my mind that they'll get there again.

I say this about all of my oc couples bc I think it's true, but ricky & athena are truly soulmates in my eyes. that sounds really cheesy but pls let me have my moment lol. they love each other so deeply and know how to balance each other out that they have to be endgame. nobody else can tell me otherwise <333

so, yeah. I'm pretty fucking sad this book is over. there are honestly no words to describe how proud I am of the goddess duology. perfect harmony and finally free are some of my favorite books that I've ever written.

and they obviously wouldn't have got to this point without y'all. perfect harmony has over 60k reads and finally free has over 20k, which is literally so fucking insane thank you <3 all of the reads, comments, and votes have made my day, and I'm so glad that people enjoyed reading rathena's story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

so to athena, artemis, and violetta — my three oc's in this fic — I love you bitches. and to athena, my baby girl, I love you dearly. you're one of my most favorite oc's and I'm glad I got to write how much you've grown over the course of your junior year. I'm gonna miss you a lot.

I don't know if I'll even be on wattpad if there's a season three, so for now . . . this is the end. these stories will remain up forever, so if you ever miss athena, she'll be here. once again, thank you all for reading and loving athena as much as I do. I like to think her and ricky are off writing songs together or something. they'll be together, for sure.

anyways, I'll leave you with some of my other books if you want to check them out :)))

electric love, eight letters, this feeling, we are, & all too well - jason grace

midnight - will byers

beauty and the beast, something there, & belle - percy jackson

just for a moment - luke patterson

london boy - harry potter

brutal - ron weasley

falling - meet my oc's (where you can also learn more about athena)

atlantis - spam book

xoxo, kelly <333

--- ☆ • ♫ • ♪ • ♫ • ☆ ---

'𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝑒 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽.