005

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter five:valentine's day !

chapter five:
valentine's day !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VALENTINE'S DAY — THE one day that Athena had managed to hate her entire life yet was excited for now. Maybe it was the fact that she had an actual Valentine . . . okay, maybe not. Neither her or Ricky had asked each other to be each other's Valentines. As far as Athena knew, they didn't have any plans. Knowing them, they would just figure it out as they went. That was just the way they rolled.

Last period before drama, Athena walked to her locker with Violetta, clad in a pink long-sleeved top and some jeans. Violetta was explaining her plans that she had later in the day with EJ for the holiday. She wasn't the kind of person to like the mushy part of loving someone (pointed out by how she acts with EJ), but Athena could tell by the way she was going on and on about their plans that Violetta was excited.

". . . and then after dinner we're going back to his house to bake cookies like we usually do," Violetta continued.

Athena laughed slightly as she began opening her locker, Violetta leaning on the ones next to it. "Sounds romantic, Vi."

"What about you?" Violetta asked. "You and lover boy got anything planned?"

She shrugged and took the bags out of her backpack she didn't need before grabbing the ones that she did. "Not sure. I got him a picture framed of us for his new apartment, but other than that, we don't really have anything set."

"Hm," Violetta hummed in response, turning around and heading in the direction of the bomb shelter.

Athena raised an eyebrow and followed after her. "Do you know something I don't?"

"Oh, nothing. Everyone just happens to tell me what they're planning to do on Valentine's Day. Including Ricky." She then noticed Athena's eyes widening. "And if you think I'm telling you, you are completely mistaken."

"Violetta," Athena groaned.

"It's worth the wait, trust me."

And, if there wasn't more perfect timing, the exact person they were talking about decided to show up in that very moment. Athena felt an arm wrap around her waist and somebody press a kiss to her cheek. She smiled as they did so and turned to see none other than Ricky staring down at her lovingly.