008

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘

chapter eight:stepping back !

chapter eight:
stepping back !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA HAD SOMEHOW been tasked with the job of getting water with Ricky, Big Red, and Violetta. Ashlyn had found some flashlights so they were using those to navigate their way through the hallway. The group of four had found some packs of water in the cafeteria, so Big Red and Violetta each carried one while Ricky and Athena shone their flashlights forwards so they could see.

"That's literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard," Violetta commented. "Ricky, I think I would've thrown up."

"It seemed like a good idea at the time," Ricky protested.

Athena shook her head. "Ric, you know I love you, but I would've turned around and walked the other way. It's just a little too cheesy."

"Oh, Gina!" Big Red called, making the girl in question stop in her tracks and turn to face them as she reached the bottom of the steps. "Perfect. We need another girl's point of view on something."

Ricky groaned. "Big Red."

"What is it?" Gina asked curiously.

"Wouldn't it have been a ridiculously stupid idea for Ricky to show up to him and Athena's Valentine's Day date wearing an I heart Athena shirt?" Big Red inquired.

Gina shook her head with a slight grimace on her face. "Yeah, that definitely wouldn't have gone over well. In fact, you probably shouldn't wear one . . . ever."

"Thanks, and sorry, we didn't mean to suck you into a whole thing," Ricky replied, sending a pointed glare to Big Red.

"Nah, it's all good. I'm honestly glad I ran into you. I found part of a Twix bar near my locker, and I can only assume it's your latest Valentine to me."

Athena completely froze. Okay, now things were just getting weird. Ricky had mentioned it earlier as a sort of tease, but now Gina seemed to be just dragging it out. Sure, it was an inside joke, but Athena was literally right there. To Athena, it almost sounded like Gina wanted Ricky to send her a Valentine. It didn't feel too good as a girlfriend to hear that. Maybe Gina didn't mean any harm, but still.

"Um . . . what?" Violetta questioned.

Ricky chuckled nervously. "I go big, Gina. You know that."