Chapter 2 - Daisy

The next morning Regulus walked into Daisy's room as she pulled up her pants. He slumped down on her bed and looked out the window, completely unfazed that she was changing in front of him. "Have you started your homework yet?" he asked her casually.

"No," Daisy replied. "Summer started yesterday."

"Want to do it with me today?" Regulus further asked.

"Not really," Daisy said with a groan. "But I don't think I have much of a choice."

Regulus chuckled. "We'll start up here after breakfast," he told her. He looked over at her outfit. "That's a very muggle-ish outfit," he stated.

"What do I wear?" Daisy asked.

"Um... A dress."

Daisy nodded and dug in her trunk for a dress. The first dress she pulled out was her lavender dress which was her favorite, it was flowy and stopped mid-thigh. Regulus shook his head. The second dress she pulled out was a red dress that was slightly shorter. Regulus shook his head again. The third dress that she pulled out was a black dress that went down to her knee and had one sleeve. Again, Regulus shook his head.

"Imagine you were to go to a funeral... A very churchy funeral," he told her. Daisy stared at him in disgust before she pulled out a long black dress. Regulus nodded. Daisy put on the funeral dress before leaving her room with Regulus.

"Your mum told me to call her 'Miss Black.'" Daisy told Regulus as they started down the stairs.

"Mhm..." Regulus replied slowly.

"Shouldn't it be 'Mrs. Black?'" Daisy asked.

"No. Miss Black." Regulus looked over at Daisy's confused face and laughed. "She doesn't like to be associated with my father."

"What? But they're married."

"Just because they're married, doesn't mean they love each other," Regulus told her.

"Yes, it does!" Daisy exclaimed.

"Not with pureblood families. Your spouse is picked out for you before the age of eighteen. Every family's goal is to have a boy. Once they have a boy, they're done having children. That is... Unless there's an accident baby."

Daisy looked over at Regulus. "And you're an accident baby?"

Regulus nodded with a grin. "Best accident to happen to this family."

Daisy laughed and pulled Regulus into a side hug. "You're my favorite accident," she told him.

Regulus opened the door to the dining room where Orion was seated. "Good morning, Father," Regulus said politely, nodding his head toward his father before pulling out Daisy's chair for her.

"Good morning, Regulus," Orion replied. Regulus pushed in Daisy's chair once she sat down and sat in the seat beside her. Walburga and Kreacher walked in soon, setting down everyone's plates. Including Sirius's spot even though the boy hadn't shown up.

The conversation was slow during breakfast and consisted of Orion talking to himself about muggles and the ministry. After a while, Sirius waltzed in in his sweatpants and socks. His bare chest revealed many scars that Daisy never thought would be there. Daisy's eyes lingered on his chest as Orion said, "You're late."

"I'm fully aware, Orion," Sirius replied with his arrogant smirk that was glued to his face.

"Sirius, what did I tell you about not wearing your shirt to meals?" Walburga asked.

"You told me that it was a monstrosity," Sirius told her with a wide smile.

"So why aren't you wearing a shirt?"