Chapter 36 - Daisy

Daisy stepped off the Hogwarts Express with Sirius's hand in hers. "Dejavu," she mumbled to herself.

Sirius chuckled slightly and pulled her over to James. "I can't believe it's been a year," he admitted softly.

"It's been a wild year," Daisy added, looking up at the boy beside her who she hardly knew one year ago. He smiled back at her and scratched the stubble on his face as he turned to James.

"Where're your parents?" Sirius asked James. James nodded in a direction before rekindling an argument they had had on the train. Daisy ignored them and looked around the buzzing platform as first years ran to their parents and hugged them tightly. Students rushed their significant others to their parents and watched as they got to know each other.

And suddenly, Daisy's eyes landed on her. Regulus walked over to Walburga and nodded slightly. Walburga brought him into a clearly uncomfortable hug for both of them before Walburga looked directly at Daisy. Her eyes seemed to be piercing into her. Her brows were narrowed down and she looked angry. However the rest of her face remained the same. It was the same look Sirius would give Grant.

Daisy was grateful that she and Sirius never got on bad enough terms for him to look at her that way because watching as Walburga glared at Daisy, goose pimples ran down her back.

"Darling, what's wrong?" Sirius suddenly asked, bringing his free hand to her shoulder and shaking her slightly, enough to startle and break her out of her trance. Daisy looked over at Sirius, trying to think of some excuse to say. Sirius was already looking at Walburga. "That b*tch," he muttered, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her into him so he could kiss her forehead. "Ignore her, love."

"Dais, are you coming to my house over holiday?" James asked.

Daisy looked over at him and nodded slightly. "Hopefully. Are you coming to mine for my birthday?" she replied, leaning against Sirius and wrapping an arm around him too.

"Will Haz and Tyson be there?"

"Yes. I will be there too."

"And you," James said with a smile and a laugh. Peter and Remus walked over, arguing about something. Daisy immediately turned to look at them.

"What about you two? Are you coming over for my birthday?" Daisy asked.

"Obviously," Peter replied with a laugh. He set down his trunk and kneeled down, shuffling through it to find something.

"Twenty-fourth, right? I'll check the calendar," Remus told Daisy. He looked around the platform. "I have to go. It's almost sundown." With that, Remus rushed over to his parents.

"What're you looking for, Wormtail?" James asked. Peter grinned and stood up with a box in his hand. Daisy sighed but let him hand her the box. She opened it and looked inside before yelping, dropping the box, and running behind Sirius for protection. James kicked the lid off the top of the box and peered inside before joining Daisy behind Sirius. "A snake?" James shouted. Sirius shouted before moving farther away from the box. Peter casually put the lid on top of the box and put it back in his trunk.

"I'll give it to one of my cousins then," he mumbled, closing his trunk and picking it back up. Slowly, the other three teenagers walked back over.

"James, are you ready to go? We're having a few friends over tonight and need to finish dinner," Euphemia said as she and Fleamont walked over.

James looked over at Sirius. "I have to hang out with old people, Pads. All by myself," he muttered. Sirius laughed softly.

"We should probably go too, Siri. My parents are probably wondering where I am," Daisy spoke up.

"Yeah. Let's go, darling," Sirius replied, taking her hand and starting to jog away. Daisy immediately tripped and fell.

"F..." She started to say, but she looked back at Euphemia who was already giving her a disapproving look. "Effie," she finished, making Sirius laugh as he helped her back up to her feet.

The two started to jog away again. Sirius waved over his shoulder, "Bye!" he shouted, still laughing slightly. Daisy punched him lightly. "Ow! Bye, Effie! Bye, Monty!"

"Her name's Euphemia," Daisy said with a laugh.

"Sh*t," he mumbled under his breath. "Euphemia! I meant Euphemia!"

Daisy and Sirius stepped off the platform and looked around for Daisy's family. "Daisy!" Harry shouted, running over and pulling Daisy into a hug. Daisy immediately broke out into a grin as she wrapped her arms around Harry and hugged him tightly, soon her whole family had joined the hug.

"I missed you guys," she mumbled into Mark.

.

"Daisy, may we speak to you in private?" Daisy's father asked. Daisy looked over at her father and nodded, squeezing Sirius's hand quickly before she got up from the sofa and followed her parents up to their room.

"This evil wizard guy," Daisy's mother started as Daisy sat down on the edge of her parents bed. "how much of a threat is he to us right now?"

Daisy took a deep breath in as she watched her parents. "Right now, you guys aren't in any danger. He doesn't know about you guys, where you live, or anything," she told them slowly.

"How much danger are you in?" her father asked.

Daisy pursed her lips and avoided their gazes. "More than you," she admitted.

"How much more?"

"They know who I am. They hate Sirius and the Potters and I'm around Sirius and the Potters a lot," Daisy softly told them.

"If it gets worse — if you get hurt — we're moving."

Daisy shook her head. "I'm staying here. You can move if you'd like, but I'm staying here."

"Daisy-"

Daisy shook her head again. "In a few days, wizards will consider me an adult. That means I can buy a flat. And that's what I'll do if you decide to move," she firmly stated.

"Don't be ridiculous. We want you to be safe."

"I'm not leaving my friends, Dad. If they're involved in the war, then so am I."

"She's made up her mind, Hal," Daisy's mum softly said, touching her husband's hand.

Daisy's dad sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Don't get hurt, Daisy. Please don't get hurt," he whispered.

Daisy stood up and wrapped him in a hug. "I'll try, Dad."