Chapter 27 - Sirius

Sirius rested his hand on Daisy's thigh as they ate their last meal at the Williams'. "We're all dropping off Daisy and Sirius, right?" Tyson asked suddenly.

"Yes, Ty," Henry responded as if it weren't the first time the question had been asked. Several minutes passed and Sirius finished his meal. He patiently waited for Daisy to finish her meal before he got up and took their plates to the kitchen.

Sirius washed off their plates and set them in the drying rack before walking back into the other room where everyone was staring at him. "Sirius, didn't you say you were getting a flat?" Henry asked Sirius.

Sirius glanced over at Daisy to try and figure out what conversation had gone on while he was washing the plates. He looked back at Henry who looked mad. "Yeah. I'm moving in in a few days," Sirius responded.

"What about your family? I'm sure they're upset."

"Not really, sir," Sirius responded. He looked down at Daisy and could tell that she hadn't told them anything about the wizarding world. Her gaze remained fixed on the table.

"I'm sure that they must be."

Sirius shook his head. "Clearly, Daisy hasn't told you," he mumbled.

"Told us what?"

"My family is dangerous. They're horrible people who hate people who are non-magical or come from non-magical families. They hate me too now because I helped Daisy escape from their home," Sirius explained. He looked back over at Daisy whose gaze hadn't moved from the table.

"Was she in danger?" Henry asked.

Sirius rested a hand on Daisy's shoulder, making her tense immediately. "My parents are unpredictable," Sirius simply said. Everyone stood up and cleaned off their plates.

"Siri..." Daisy softly said.

"We'll talk about it later," Sirius shortly said.

"You don't under-"

"We'll talk about it later," he repeated. Daisy sighed and walked out of the room. Sirius followed her to pick up their trunks in the entryway. "I got it," Sirius said as he reached forward to grab both of theirs.

"I can do it myself," Daisy told him, carrying both trunks outside.

"Dais, I can carry my own trunk," he told her.

"So can I," she responded. She put the trunks in the boot of the car before filing into the car. She went in the middle and Sirius sat to one side of her. "Will Pete be there when we get there?" Daisy asked Sirius as the others walked out and got in the car.

"I don't know," Sirius told her. Daisy nodded slightly and looked straight ahead of her. "Seems like you like him more than me," he muttered.

Daisy looked over at him, her eyebrows raised. "He's my best friend," she reminded him.

"So was I," Sirius pointed out. "Now I'm your boyfriend."

"It's nowhere close to the same, Sirius."

The drive was mostly silent. Daisy talked with Mark (who was sitting on the other side of her) while Sirius kept to himself. Occasionally, Haz or Tyson would ask Sirius a question but not often and eventually, Sirius fell asleep.

"Sirius, wake up," Daisy said, kissing his cheek softly. He groaned slightly and woke up. He glanced at Daisy as she slid out of the car. He followed her lead and walked up to the Potter Manor with the others. Daisy took hold of his hand and Sirius immediately knew it was to avoid suspicion from others. Casually, Sirius looked around to make sure their trunks were being carried by someone. Tyson had both and was racing Haz to the front door.