Chapter 6 - Sirius

Sirius threw the quaffle at Daisy. She easily blocked it. "Alright, darling! We're going to be a pretty good team!" Sirius exclaimed as she passed the quaffle back to him.

"Oh, I'm 'darling' now! When'd that happen?" Daisy asked with a small smile.

"When you stole my jacket," Sirius responded. Daisy looked down at the jacket she was wearing. When she looked back at Sirius, there was a faint blush across her cheeks.

"Who are we playing against anyway?" Daisy asked Sirius, diverting the conversation away from the jacket.

"Monty and Mia," Sirius told her, throwing the quaffle to catch her off guard. However, again, she easily blocked it and threw it back to him.

"Is James not playing?"

Sirius wanted to laugh at that. James? Not taking an opportunity to play quidditch? "He's on our team," Sirius said, laughing softly.

Daisy stared at Sirius as he threw the quaffle again and she blocked it. "Are you scared we're going to lose?" she asked him in confusion. He understood why she seemed so confused. Euphemia and Fleamont were older and James was the best chaser at Hogwarts.

"Mia and Monty turned down their professional offers," Sirius told Daisy. "They were really good."

Daisy let the quaffle fly past her. "Why'd they turn them down?"

"They knew that they wouldn't be able to see each other that much. They didn't want that for their relationship," Sirius explained as she went to grab the quaffle. Daisy smiled at that.

"That's so sweet," she said. Sirius laughed and threw the quaffle several more times.

"Ready to fly?" Sirius asked her after she had tossed the quaffle at him. He picked up his broom.

"No!" she shouted.

"You're going to be safe, darling. I promise."

Daisy shook her head. "Have you ever fallen off the broom?"

Sirius wanted to lie but knew that in the long run, it wouldn't help her. "Well... Yeah. Everyone falls off at some point."

Daisy's eyes widened in fear. "No way-" she started to say.

"Daisy Freaking Williams, you are going to get on that broom and block every quaffle I throw at you."

She stared at him for a moment and Sirius thought that she would finally agree. "I'm not a Gryffindor. I'm not fearless."

"I'm not fearless either. Trust me. We're all scared of something, but you don't let it run your life."

"What? You want me to jump off the tallest building? Sorry to break it to you, Sirius, but there's a reason I don't fly up in the air. It's for my safety," Daisy told him.

"Daisy, I promise you that whenever you're flying, I will be watching you to make sure you're safe and you don't die." He suddenly dropped the quaffle on his foot and cursed loudly.

"My savior," Daisy said with a laugh.

"Shut up. That was just horrible timing," Sirius told her which made her laugh again.

"Fine. I'll fly." Sirius grinned at her and taught her how to kick off. They were only a few meters off the ground when Daisy started to panic. "Oh Merlin, why did I agree to this?" she asked herself.

Sirius laughed at her. "You're perfectly safe, Williams."

Daisy stared at him like he had grown antlers. "I am five meters above the ground, depending on a tree branch, Siri. I am anything but safe."