Chapter 56 - Daisy

"Sirius! Close the door to our bedroom! I don't want James snooping around!" Daisy yelled from the kitchen. Sirius laughed and shut the door to their bedroom before he walked into the kitchen and pressed a kiss against Daisy's cheek.

"I love you," he mumbled softly, repeatedly kissing her cheek.

"I love you too, Sirius," she replied, turning to face him and kissing his lips softly. "Where is Jay? I thought he said he was coming over early."

Sirius shrugged and lazily picked up a chip from the bowl on the counter and ate it. "I'm sure it's nothing," he told her.

"Sirius, there's a w-" Daisy started.

"Sh..." he mumbled, shoving a chip in her face. "There is no war out there right now."

"Sirius, that's a bit-" she started to scold, but once again, he interrupted her.

"There's no war," he repeated. Daisy opened her mouth to argue, but Sirius put his hand over it quickly. "No war," he stated one last time.

With a sigh, Daisy agreed, "No war."

"What else do you need me to do, love?" Sirius asked her.

"Can you light a candle?" Daisy asked him.

"Of course, darling," Sirius replied with a cheeky grin before walking out of the kitchen. He looked around the flat for the candles that Euphemia had gotten him for his birthday but they didn't seem to be anywhere.

"Sirius! Can you get the door?" Daisy yelled from the kitchen as a knock sounded through the flat. Sirius ran to the door, checking the entire way for the candles.

"Home to our welcome! Evening good," he mindlessly said as he opened the door and checked the floating shelf for a candle.

Lily laughed softly. "Good evening, Si Si. I didn't know what to bring, so here's a candle. Hopefully-" she started to say.

"Did you say candle?" Sirius asked, not waiting for an answer as he grabbed the candle. He set it down on the coffee table and lit it with his wand.

"Don't be stupid," Lily muttered as she picked up the candle and put it on the mantle of the fireplace. "You boys would've knocked that over."

Sirius laughed, knowing she was right. "What would we do without you?" he asked, wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Die. Most likely," she replied.

"Siri! Who was at the door?" Daisy yelled.

"Lily!" Sirius called back. Daisy ran out of the kitchen and wrapped Lily into a hug.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" Daisy complained. "Come back to the kitchen with me. Tell me everything!" With that, Daisy and Lily disappeared into the kitchen, and Sirius could finally relax.

After several minutes of Sirius relaxing on the sofa, there was another knock on the door. "Siri! Door!" Daisy shouted as Sirius started to stand.

"Thanks, love. Wasn't sure what that sound was," he mumbled sarcastically under his breath, knowing better than to let Daisy hear. He opened the door and smiled. "Moony!" he exclaimed, inviting the boy inside.

Eventually, there was another knock on the door as Daisy, Lily, and Sirius cooked in the kitchen. Remus and Peter were lounging on the sofa. "I got it!" Lily yelled. Sirius quickly dried off his hands and took off after her to open the door first. But she beat him. "Oh. Um... Hi," she awkwardly said as she opened the door to reveal Mark standing there.

"Are Tys and Haz coming?" Sirius asked, stepping forward and holding the door open so Lily could disappear back to the kitchen.

"Yeah. I was going to bring them with me but they didn't want to go flat shopping with me beforehand. They'll be here with Nat soon," Mark replied as he stepped into the flat.