Chapter 45 - Daisy

Daisy woke up the next morning to Sirius clinging onto her. She slowly snuck out of his grip and started to get ready for the day. She felt Sirius's gaze on her as she stood in front of her wardrobe with only a towel around her. She grabbed her clothes out of her wardrobe before turning to Sirius. "Good, you're awake. You can find a jumper for yourself in my trunk," she told him softly, letting the towel drop as she started putting on her clothes.

Sirius stayed where he was, staring at Daisy for a while before getting up and walking over to her trunk as she brushed through her hair. "Why do you have a Slytherin jumper?" Sirius muttered, holding up the small jumper that Regulus had let Daisy borrow when she was in her fourth year.

"It was Regulus's," she told him with a small smile.

"Would you stop calling him that?" Sirius exploded suddenly, turning his body to face her.

"Stop calling him by his name?" she questioned.

"Yes! Only people that don't know him call him that!" Sirius exclaimed. "You knew him as much as I did!"

"The Regulus I knew wouldn't have become a death eater," Daisy slowly responded to him to get the point across.

"Because I left him! I left my own brother! I left him with hardly any explanation, or knowledge! Becoming a death eater was the only thing he knew!" Sirius yelled.

"Sirius, he had the option to leave" Daisy pointed out to him.

Sirius shook his head and tossed the jumper into her trunk once more. "He couldn't've. That would have put us in danger," he replied.

"Maybe if he had come with us, but you gave him the address. He could've come anytime he wanted," Daisy tried to reason with Sirius. But Sirius was stuck on believing that he was the sole reason that Regulus was now a death eater.

"He wouldn't feel welcome that way. He'd feel like he was being a nuisance."

"Sirius, you're not to blame for what happened with Regulus. It wasn't your fault. I know you love him and I do too, we're just handling it very differently from one another," Daisy told him. He nodded but she had a feeling that he really didn't feel the same way she did. And that was fine for now. One day, he would understand.

Daisy and Sirius sat at the Gryffindor table while they ate their breakfast. A few of the others were awake too and slowly eating their breakfast.

Lily walked over to the group and sat beside James. He looked over at her. "Hey, Jasmine!" she brightly said, nudging him with her shoulder softly.

He smirked at her. "You're going to run out of 'J' names," he told her, his eyes flickering across her face.

"You'd be surprised," she replied, equally as arrogant as him.

"So, what's up, Evans?" he asked casually, poking at the eggs on his plate.

"A group of first years got hexed by upperclassmen. Dumbles wanted us to go unhex them and find out who the culprit is," Lily explained to him.

James stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder. "See, this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about! First years have to learn how to fight their own battles!"

"Jasmine, they're first years," Lily reminded him as they walked away from the rest of the group.

.

Daisy leaned her back against Sirius as they worked on transfiguration together. Daisy was broken out of her study as she noticed Sirius's leg bouncing. She gently rested her hand on it. "Are you okay?" she asked him as he looked over at her with a small smile.

"I'm fine," he told her.

She studied him for a while. "What you're doing isn't healthy, Siri. You should at least tell someone," she said.

Sirius glanced up at James who was sitting in his armchair reading a book. "What if James thinks it's my fault though?" Sirius softly asked.

Daisy took his hand in hers and ran her thumb along the back of his hand. "Siri, you know that James will understand. He's your best friend," she reminded him. She watched as he slowly nodded and squeezed her hand softly. He leaned over and gently kissed her nose.

"Prongs?" Sirius softly said. Daisy watched James as he continued to stare at his book.

"One second, Pads," James responded. Sirius sighed and anxiously wiggled in his seat as he waited for James.

"Jay..." Daisy softly said, hoping that he'd realize this was urgent.

"What?" James shouted, looking up from the book. "Dorothy just got sucked up into a tornado! What could possibly be more important than that?"

Sirius's eyes narrowed at James as he stood up with Daisy. "I assumed that I was," he spat before storming up to his dorm room. He sat down on his bed with Daisy and immediately wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her neck.

"Pads, what's up?" James asked as he walked in.

"It doesn't matter. You can go back to Dorothy," he muttered. "This was a terrible idea," he then added, pulling away from Daisy and looking around.

"Siri, tell him," Daisy urged him softly.

"Oh Merlin, please tell me you two aren't expecting a baby," James said in a panic.

"Jay, just let him tell you," Daisy said. James nodded and sat down on the bed, facing Sirius.

"Reggie is a death eater," Sirius stated.

"Little Reg? As in your brother?" James questioned. Sirius slowly nodded before bursting into tears. Daisy froze in shock as James immediately pulled Sirius into a hug. "What happened, Pads?"

"It's all my fault!" Sirius exclaimed. "If I hadn't left him, he wouldn't have given in!"

James rubbed Sirius's back comfortingly. "Pads, if you hadn't left, Daisy's life would've been on the line. And it's not like you didn't tell him to come. You asked him and you gave him my address. You wanted him to leave. This isn't your fault. He had the chance, but he didn't take it," James told Sirius, calming Sirius down.

"I miss him," Sirius softly said. "I miss my little brother."

"Why don't you talk to him?" Daisy asked him.

"Because it will end in a screaming match."