Chapter 14 - Daisy

The day of the Hufflepuff versus Slytherin match came after three weeks of Daisy and Sirius ignoring each other. Daisy was sitting at the Hufflepuff table with Grant McLaggen as he talked excitedly about the match. She wasn't listening though. Instead, she was watching the Gryffindor table. Remus was reading a book while he ate his oatmeal. Daisy almost started laughing as she watched the oatmeal fall onto the book and Remus started to panic. James was awfully quiet as he watched Lily talk with Peter. Sirius was poking at his food and watching his friends who seemed to be ignoring him.

Daisy turned to Grant as she realized he had stopped talking and was waiting for her to answer. "That's cool," she said, hoping that that was the answer he was looking for.

"Hufflepuff hasn't won in twelve years!" he exclaimed.

"That's cool," Daisy said again before she got up from her seat. "I gotta go get ready. See you in the locker room," she quickly said before she walked over to the Gryffindor table. She sat down across from Sirius who was staring down at his plate, unaware of anything going on around him. Peter gasped as he saw who was sitting beside him.

Daisy took the tape out of her jacket pocket and pushed it across the table to Sirius. His eyes flickered up to the tape. His face softened as he looked up at Daisy and let a small smile creep across his face. "Grant gave me some gloves to try. Absolute rubbish," she told him.

Sirius laughed. "That's all McLaggen knows," he told her softly.

"Oi! He's my friend," Daisy exclaimed, but she let out a laugh. "You know what he's rubbish at though?"

"Shagging? Kissing? Dating?" Sirius guessed.

Daisy laughed again. "Wrapping my hands. He did it so sh*tty."

Sirius chuckled at her as he started to wrap her hands. "Well, what about the other stuff I mentioned? I'm sure he's rubbish at them too."

"How would I know if he's good at shagging, kissing, and dating?" Daisy asked him.

Sirius paused and looked back up at her. "Because you two are together, right?"

"McLaggen and me? No!"

"But you went on that date with him and you two are always together," Sirius pointed out.

"Did Lily not tell you?" Daisy asked, looking over at Lily who smiled sheepishly. "I never had a date with Grant. He asked me and I told him no. We're only friends."

Sirius looked over at Lily. "Really?" he questioned. Lily nodded. "Oh."

"What about you and Marlene?"

Sirius went back to wrapping Daisy's hands. "We've never really been anything. I mean... We had a little kid romance in first to third year, but then... It's complicated. We weren't really in love though. Just dumb kids." Sirius ripped off the tape and looked up at Daisy, holding out the tape. "Go kick some Slytherin a** today."

.

Daisy watched nervously as the Hufflepuff seeker sped toward the snitch with Regulus close behind her. Daisy had been able to not let the Slytherins shots go in, but it would be for nothing if the seeker didn't catch the snitch. Everyone seemed to stop to watch the seekers chase after the snitch. The Hufflepuff seeker leaned over and held out her hand. Daisy could tell Regulus was getting annoyed that he couldn't shrink the gap between him and the Hufflepuff seeker.

"AND THE HUFFLEPUFF SEEKER CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" the announcer shouted loudly. Daisy flew down to the ground and congratulated her team before looking for Sirius. All the Hufflepuffs had swarmed the pitch immediately and it was nearly impossible to find anyone in the crowd, but then she saw someone jumping up and down, trying to find someone. His hair was long and curly. Daisy ran forward, pushing past people until she got to Sirius who looked down at her and smiled.

"You were wicked out there," he told her.

Daisy smiled. "I couldn't have done it without you," she told him honestly. They awkwardly stood there for a moment before suddenly, Sirius closed the space between them. His lips met hers. It was nothing like when she had kissed Regulus, it was nothing like when she had kissed David. This one was magical. She never wanted to pull away from him. Daisy felt glued to Sirius.

"Am I a better kisser than Regulus?" Sirius asked her quietly, his breathing heavy as he watched her for an answer.

Daisy smiled at him. "Maybe... You might have to kiss me again for me to decide." Sirius chuckled at her and kissed her again, pulling her close as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"So Minnie and Dumbles owe me five galleons," James said. "You too? What about you Moony? Do they owe you-"

"Oh, Merlin's sake," Sirius muttered, pulling away from Daisy again and facing their friends. James, Remus, Peter, and Lily smiled brightly at them. "Was that necessary?"

"Absolutely," Lily spoke up.

"We thought you'd like to know how rich we've gotten because of you," Remus added.

"Actually, I require a fifty percent tax if you earn money off of my love life," Daisy told them. "So pay up."

"That's ridiculous. I'm not paying you anything," James told her. Daisy laughed at him and looked back over at Sirius. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and smiled mischievously at her.

"Is it okay if I do this now?" he teased. Daisy playfully rolled her eyes at him and shoved him away but he stayed beside her and laughed loudly.

"I'm going to change and shower," Daisy told the others.

"Meet us in Gryffindor Tower," James said as he walked away with Remus, Peter, and Lily.

"I'll wait for you," Sirius stated.

"I don't know how long I'll be."

"Okay. I'm going to wait for you," Sirius said.

Daisy tried to change and shower as quickly as she could and hoped Sirius didn't die of boredom. She was relieved when she found him sitting against the locker room wall and charming ants to walk in circles. He looked up at her as she walked out of the building. "There you are," he said as he stood up and grinned at her. "Come on. I'm sure everyone's dying to see you," he told her as he took her hand and led her up to Gryffindor Tower, asking her all about the game and telling her how amazing she was before he told her about what had gone on in the stands.

Sirius led Daisy into Gryffindor Tower as she laughed loudly at him. "It's my favorite couple!" a very drunk Peter yelled.

"Congratulations! I heard the news," Marlene told them, equally as drunk, "Sad that I won't be able to snog you anymore though, Sirius," she admitted. Daisy furrowed her brows at Marlene and Sirius wrapped his arm around Daisy. 

"Marls!" James drunkenly complained. "Why would you say that?"

"Are you all drunk?" Daisy asked, looking around at all five teenagers. Sirius sat down on a sofa and pulled Daisy down to sit on his lap.

"Us? No!" Remus exclaimed, passing Sirius a bottle of firewhiskey. Sirius took a swig and offered some to Daisy.

"No thank you," she told him with an awkward smile.

"You don't drink?" Sirius asked her. She shook her head.

"Daisy! You literally smoke!" Peter pointed out.

"You smoke?" James yelled.

"I smoked," Daisy corrected.

"That could kill you!"

"And drinking can't?"

James fell silent. "Drinking can kill you?" he asked quietly. Daisy nodded slowly. James seemed to be frozen as he stared at Daisy. "I'm going to go to bed," he announced.

"Did I break him?" Daisy whispered to Sirius.

"Lily can fix him," Sirius jokingly replied.