Chapter 5 - Daisy

A week later, Daisy was allowed to get up from her bed. She pulled on normal clothes and went downstairs. "Good morning, Daisy," Euphemia (James's mum) said. She hugged Daisy warmly. "How's your leg?"

"It feels great. Thanks, Euphemia," Daisy replied, hugging her back.

"Of course, Daisy," Euphemia told her. "Sirius should be up today too," Euphemia informed Daisy.

"Really?" Daisy asked excitedly.

Euphemia laughed and made a plate of food for Daisy. "So, you've met everyone, correct?"

"Yeah, I believe so."

"Our house-elf is on break right now. He'll be home tomorrow," Euphemia told Daisy. Daisy wanted to groan when she thought about having to deal with another house-elf.

Suddenly, there was the sound of running coming from upstairs. "Speaking of the devils," Euphemia said with a laugh as the three boys ran into the kitchen. "Slow down!" Euphemia scolded them. The boys laughed and collapsed into the chairs. Sirius looked over at Daisy and his face lit up. He stood up and walked over to her, wrapping her in a hug. Daisy wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"Thank you so much, Sirius," Daisy told him. The two stayed in their tight hug for a while until they heard Fleamont stand up.

"Good morning, honey," Fleamont said as he kissed Euphemia's cheek.

James gagged. "Your child is right here," he told his parents.

"Our child is sixteen," Fleamont muttered.

Sirius chuckled before adding, "And he still hasn't kissed a girl." James stuck his tongue out at Sirius.

"You haven't kissed a girl?" Fleamont asked. " You are no son of mine." Euphemia hit Fleamont on the shoulder as he defensively put up his hands.

"That's perfectly fine, James. You don't have to rush into it," Euphemia told her son as she ruffled his hair. Euphemia handed the boys their plates as everyone sat around the table.

"Good morning, Daisy," Fleamont said while drizzling his pancake in syrup.

"Yes! Good morning, Daisy! It's good to see you and Pads up and about," James added. Sirius chuckled and started eating.

"Good morning," Daisy replied to them with a smile.

"How's your leg?" Sirius asked her softly. She turned to face him. His face was soft and genuine as he awaited her answer. There was still a small bandage on his cheek, but other than that his face was clear of scratches and bruises.

"Euphemia healed it. It feels better than ever," Daisy told Sirius, smiling widely at him. "How's... Your whole body?"

Sirius chuckled softly. "I'm all better. Mia is a miracle worker," Sirius said. Daisy nodded in agreement before both of them returned to eating their food.

.

Daisy laid on her bed and doodled in her journal. She looked down at the dog she had been drawing. It was a pretty terrible drawing, but even then it made her laugh aloud as she thought about the dog who had been chasing his tail near the edge of the Forbidden Forest until he ran head on into a tree.

Her door opened and Sirius walked in. "There you are. You've been hiding out all day," Sirius said with a laugh while jumping onto her bed.

"It's relaxing up here," Daisy told him, not telling him how she felt awkward being around him and the Potters. They seemed like a family and she was just there.

Sirius looked down at her journal. "What're you drawing?" he asked, turning the book to him.

Daisy flushed red. "Just a dog that I see around Hogwarts sometimes." Sirius looked up at Daisy with a smirk across his face. "What?" Daisy questioned, immediately becoming self-conscious as she wiped her face. Sirius laughed and moved her hand away from her face. Daisy's cheeked turned even redder as they stared at each other for a moment. She couldn't kiss her best friend's brother. She panicked as Sirius's gaze flickered down to her lips. "Why aren't you hanging out with James?" she asked randomly.

Sirius stared at Daisy blankly for a moment as if in shock that she just asked him a question. However, he then dropped her hand and sat up. "He has chores," he told Daisy with a laugh.

Daisy cracked a smile. "Does Euphemia need me to do anything?" she asked.

"Ask and she will be furious," Sirius informed Daisy. "Plus, she loves you more than she loves me! She will not let you even touch the dust. You're like her princess or something." Daisy's smiled widened. "Oh! Also, Monty wants me to tell you that we're playing a quidditch game."

Daisy's smile vanished. "But I-"

"You have no choice. This is how you repay the Potters."

Daisy stared at him, hoping he'd remember their first year flying class. But seeing as he just stared back at her, she sighed. "Fine," she muttered.

"Fantastic! Monty will be excited."

They both went silent for several minutes, the only sound coming from Daisy drawing. "I meant what I said earlier," she told Sirius, turning her head over to him as he laid beside her, watching her draw. He looked back at her quizzically. "Thank you," she clarified, "For saving me back at your house."

"Flattery won't get you out of playing quidditch, Williams," Sirius told her with a small smile.

"I mean it, idiot. Thank you," Daisy repeated.

Sirius laughed and stared at her for a moment before he shrugged casually. "It was the least I could've done. You were a really good friend to my brother after all," he told Daisy calmly. The way he said it finalized Daisy's suspicions that things with Regulus wouldn't be the same.

Sirius's turned Daisy's head away from the bed covers. "Hey, everything's going to be alright, okay?" he assured her. Before Daisy even realized it, they were both moving closer together. Sirius's eyes were shut and his lips were parted. She panicked and froze.

"I'm afraid of heights!" Daisy blurted out. Sirius sprung away from her and nearly fell off the bed.

Sirius stared at Daisy for a moment, probably shocked that a girl hadn't kissed him twice, but instead kept the conversation going. "Um... We got you, Williams," he replied. "So come on! Let's practice some quidditch!"