Chapter 61 - Daisy

Daisy patrolled the goalposts as she watched the game. It was a stormy day, making it very hard to see. Not to mention, she hasn't gotten much sleep in the past few weeks.

"IT'S A TIGHT GAME TODAY! IT WILL COME DOWN TO WHOEVER CATCHES THE SNITCH!" the announcer shouted.

"No!" Daisy dramatically gasped. "Really?"

"HUFFLEPUFF HAS TAKEN THE LEAD! 220-210!"

Daisy quickly prepared herself for what she knew would come next. Sure enough, Hogwarts's best chaser came flying down the pitch toward Daisy. Daisy groaned internally and kept her eye on the quaffle, knowing not to look at James's arrogant face.

Daisy dove to the right hoop and blocked the quaffle from the goal post before smirking over at James. "Come on, Dais!" he complained. "I'm head boy!"

"I don't care, Jay!" she replied. A flash of gold appeared in front of Daisy. James immediately flew forward and wrapped his arms around her and pushed her to the side. The two seekers appeared where Daisy had been and chased after the snitch for several seconds.

"AND GRYFFINDOR HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH!"

Daisy turned to James. "Congratulations, head boy," she mocked with a small laugh.

James grinned in response before pumping his fist in the air. "H*LL YEAH! GRYFFINDOR WINS THE QUIDDITCH CUP WITH THEIR AWESOME CAPTAIN, JAMES POTTER!" he loudly shouted.

Daisy covered her ears as she laughed at him. "You look incredibly stupid," she told him.

"You're just saying that because you didn't win," James muttered.

"If we had won with that narcissist of a captain, I would've fallen off my broom, on purpose, so I would have to hear him go on and on about how amazing he is," Daisy admitted with a laugh.

Daisy and James descended to the ground where Sirius was waiting for them. "Congratulations," Daisy told the two boys, "You two finally won at something."

"Darling, I've only cared about winning at one thing," Sirius told her softly.

"I swear, Siri, if you say something cheesy-"

"Your heart," he finished. Daisy tried to pretend she wasn't amused, but failed as Sirius pulled her closer and pressed a kiss to her lips. Daisy pulled away and grinned up at him. "Merlin, you're beautiful," Sirius mumbled, kissing her again. Daisy wrapped her arms around the back of his neck as they kissed for several seconds before once again pulling away.

"Look at Jay," Daisy said with a giggle, nodding her head behind Sirius where James and Lily were snogging.

Sirius snorted at the scene as he noticed James's parents approach James and Lily. The two teenagers remained completely oblivious as they tried to suffocate themselves, using the other's lips. "Young love," Sirius stated.

.

Sirius spun Daisy around as they danced at the Gryffindor party. Daisy threw her head back and laughed before wrapping her arms around him. Sirius smiled down at her and pressed his lips against hers. Their lips moved together as their innocent kiss quickly turned into a snog.

Daisy eventually pulled away. "I need some juice," she softly told him as he continued pressing kisses against her lips.

"And you need your juice," he insisted, pulling her away and leading her to the drink table. "Where do you think Prongs and Lils are?" Sirius asked as Daisy filled up her cup.

"I don't know," Daisy replied. Sirius looked around the party, standing on his tiptoes while Daisy drank her juice and refilled her cup several feet away.

"Sirius! You played so well today!" a girl exclaimed. Daisy glanced over to see several girls surrounding Sirius and touching him as if she weren't a few steps away. He was clearly uncomfortable as he looked around at all of them with his brows furrowed.

"You're so heroic with a beater bat!" another girl exclaimed. "I can only imagine what you could do without it."

"Oi!" Daisy shouted, walking over to where they all were. "Get your hands off my boyfriend!"

All the girls glared over at her. "Come on, Sirius. You're not going to let all those years of gaining a reputation go to waste, will you?" one of the girls asked, practically throwing herself at him. He awkwardly caught her and stood her up straight.

Sirius slowly pushed his way through the girls and stood beside Dais. "Yeah. I will," he awkwardly mumbled, wrapping an arm around Daisy's waist before leading her through the party. "Come on. I found Wormtail," he told her.

Daisy looked up at him with a small smile. Sirius glanced down at her. "What?" he asked.

"I love you," Daisy told him.

"I love you too, darling," he replied, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before finishing their walk to Peter.

"Hey, little butterfly!" Peter exclaimed as the couple approached him.

"Hey, Doc Ock!" Daisy replied with a wide smile. "What've you been up to?"

"Drinking," Peter replied before adding, "Occasionally talking to people."

"Where's everyone else?" Sirius asked, taking Daisy's cup and drinking some of her juice.

"Lily and James are snogging somewhere. Mary and Remus were practically shagging last time I saw them. Hopefully, they made it up the stairs," Peter told the couple.

"Sounds like we need to join the trend," Sirius stated, and they did once they finished talking with Peter. They discarded Daisy's cup of juice and started snogging before making their way down to Daisy's room. They were so caught up in the moment that they forgot to place the protection charm.