Chapter 44 - Daisy

Sirius held Daisy's hand as he led her through Platform 9 ¾. They weaved through the crowd of parents as they made their way to the train, eventually making it and climbing aboard. "Merlin, just get on the train," Sirius mumbled about the people crowding the platform as he and Daisy walked to the back of the train where they always sat.

Daisy smiled at him as he looked through every window. They were surprisingly early, so most compartments were empty, but there were a few that had students inside. Sometimes, it was a couple snogging. Other times, students were reuniting with their friends after not seeing them over holiday.

Daisy realized as she passed the empty compartments that this would be her last year at Hogwarts. In one year, her and her friends would be adults in the real world. They'd be fighting in the war to help their future and their kids. A lot could change in one year. Her and Sirius could be married if they wanted to.

Sirius opened the door to their compartment and held it open for Daisy. He took her trunk from her and put it in the overhead compartment along with his before sitting down beside her. He turned to face her with a small smile. "We're all alone in this compartment. What will we do?" he dramatically exclaimed.

Daisy grinned at him and pulled him into her by his tie. She felt him smile beneath her lips as the kiss became more passionate. Their hands roamed the other's hair and body.

However, the door soon opened. "Ah! They're doing it! They're doing it!" Remus shouted. The next moment, Sirius yelped and held his ear tenderly.

"You flicked my ear!" Sirius exclaimed.

"You deserved that. You've had all summer to snog her. So keep your tongues in your own mouths while we're in this compartment together," Peter stated firmly. Sirius rolled his eyes and reluctantly agreed before gently kissing Daisy one last time. "If you guys display any kind of affection in this compartment today, I will kill you."

"Seems a bit harsh," Daisy told him.

"It gets my point across."

Daisy leaned against Sirius as Peter took a seat across from them. "Seems a bit villainous, Doc Ock," she said simply.

"I am a villain," Peter told her, sticking his tongue out at her. Daisy laughed as he cracked a smile.

"Remmy!" Lily shouted as she ran into the compartment and tackled Remus into a hug. He smiled and loosely wrapped his arms around her until she pulled away and turned to the others. "How are you guys?"

"Terrible. I have to be with the world's grossest couple — alone — the entire train ride," Peter muttered. Lily turned to face Sirius and Daisy.

"I'm sorry, Peter. I'll get you some sweets once we're at Hogwarts," Lily assured Peter, making his contagious smile break out.

James walked into the compartment finally, staring down at his chest where his Head Boy pin was. "I look like a stuck up c-" he started to say.

"You look nice, Janet," Lily spoke up.

James looked up from his chest. "Me?" he questioned. Lily nodded. She stepped forward and straightened his tie before running a hand through his hair to calm it down. However, as soon as she turned back to the others, he messed it up.

"We should probably head over to the prefect compartment," Lily said, turning back to Remus and James. She flattened James's hair again before walking out of the compartment.

James turned to Sirius. "Hey, Padfoot!" he brightly said as he messed up his hair once more.

"Hey, Prongsies," Sirius said with a laugh. "She called you Janet."