Chapter 31 - Daisy

Daisy held Daisy Jr. in her hands. A tear fell down her face as James finished digging the hole for the fish. "Any final words?" Remus asked Daisy.

Daisy wiped her tears quickly. "Daisy Jr. was the best fish," Daisy started. She felt Sirius wrap his arm around her waist and pull her against him. "She may have had a short life, but it was full of memories. I'll never forget how Peter swallowed her whole and thought she was dead." Everyone laughed softly at that. "Or how James begged to shake her bag when I first got her."

"I may still buy a fish to see what would happen," James admitted.

"What about that time that Moons fed her chocolate because you misplaced the fish food?" Peter said with a small smile. Remus glanced up at everyone with his chocolate bar and smirked before breaking off a piece and placing it in his mouth.

"One time Sirius scooped her out of the water so he could pet her," Lily added with a small laugh.

"Sounds like she had a fun life. I would love to get shaken up by James anytime," Mary mumbled.

"Woah, what?" Sirius said, looking over at Mary.

"Hm?" James asked.

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that," Daisy muttered with a shudder.

"Okay... Does anyone else want to say anything?" Remus questioned, looking around at everyone.

It seemed as if they were going to leave it at that, but Peter spoke up, "I will. When I first saw Daisy Jr., I immediately knew that she would impact Daisy's life. I didn't expect her to impact mine too. I thought that I had become a murderer the day we got her. I was horrified by myself. However, Daisy Jr. was just joking around."

"She was a jokester," Sirius stated with a small laugh. Daisy looked over at Peter as he finished his statement. Daisy set Daisy Jr. in Remus's hands and hugged Peter, a sob escaping her mouth. Peter awkwardly patted her back. She looked back to see Remus lay down Daisy Jr. as she rested her head on Peter's chest.

James fell to the ground and sobbed. "WE LOVE YOU, DAISY JR.!" he shouted, laying over the hole where Daisy Jr. was. "YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS!"

Mary let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry," she immediately apologized. "I'm so sorry," she added, covering her mouth. James smirked back at Mary before continuing his act of sobbing beside the grave. Then, Lily let out a giggle. She tried to stifle it, but Daisy still heard it.

"You have dramatic friends, Al," Frank whispered behind Daisy. Alice laughed at that, making Daisy smile softly.

"They're laughing at us, Dais! Come here!" James yelled, walking over to her and pulling her into his side. "We're trying to grieve here!"

Daisy cracked a smile and tucked her hair behind her ear. "We are quite dramatic, huh?" she whispered to him.

"I think we're perfectly reasonable," James mumbled, pushing her away. Sirius scooped her back into his arms and kissed her cheek while James piled the dirt back over Daisy Jr. while Daisy cuddled herself against Sirius. Peter conjured a bouquet of flowers and laid them on top of the grave.

"I think this calls for a Three Broomsticks trip," Daisy said to Sirius.

"You read my mind, love."