Chapter[12]oh sweet boy.

Your eyes slowly fluttered open. Yawning, you stretched your arms and looked at the clock.

1:04AM

'Jeez how long was I asleep? And where is he..' you thought, you got up from your bed and called out to the harbinger.

"Childe? Are you there?" But no answer, you assumed he went out to do his work, though it was strange how he was a fatui harbinger, yet he took care of someone like you, who was just a douche to him.

'I'm hungry..' you frowned, sloppily. You started walking over to your kitchen to cook (f/f) [favorite food], that's when you noticed a plate of your favorite food and a note besides it.

"Hey cutie-pie, I don't know when you will read this but by the time you read it I'm probably working! I made You your favorite dish, wake up and eat it while it's hot! If you're still sick tell a fatui agent to come and get me, see you later

Love,Childe."

You smiled at the letter, how could he so sweet? Especially to you? You were just being mean to him this whole time and yet..

"Maybe hes just trying to gain my trust, and then stab me in the back once he's done with what he's planning.."

your smile immediately disappeared, you couldn't let his nice-and sweet boy act get to you.he's probably using you, he's a fatui harbinger after all.

"There's no way I could trust a fatui, especially a harbinger"
A sigh escaped your lips and you put the letter down, looking over to the dish that Childe made you, it was still warm.

"Guess he didn't leave that long ago.."
But how could he know your favorite dish..you haven't told him yet?

"Whatever.."
You ate the food and got dressed, you washed your face and did your hair.
You walked to your door and went out of your house.

The harbor was empty and quite, no one was out so late at night, and now that you weren't sick anymore you could go back to doing your job.

"The exuvia is in the golden house, I wonder if Childe knows that.."

You stared at the ocean from afar, the sound of the trickling water relaxed you, the crickets chirping and the stars Brightening the sky made you feel a little at ease.

You walked over to where the ships and boats are rested, your footsteps loud as you walked on the wooden bridge, sitting down at the edge with your eyes locked on the sky.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Another voice said.

You immediately summoned your weapon and stood up fast, only to find Childe with a soft expression on his face.

"Oh it's you.." you mumbled as you put away your sword, you say down once again and he sit beside you aswell.

"What are you doing here all by yourself?" The young harbinger asked you.
"I was just..going on patrol I guess."

Childe looked at the sky with you, you looked over to him and saw the blood stain on his face.
"Are you okay? There's blood on you.." you pointed to his face.

He touched his face and saw the blood on his gloved hand "oh don't worry, it's not mine" he chuckled light-heartedly.

Was that supposed to be reassuring? That made you even more worried..

CHILDE'S POV:
She looked back at the stars, shit..I thought I cleaned all the blood off..

She probably knows where the exuvia is, i doubt someone with such high position in the cielo wouldn't know where the exuvia is.

But she doesn't fully trust me, she's still cautious around me, if only there was a faster way to get to the exuvia.

I observed her face as she kept staring at the sky, she was truly beautiful..it's too bad that she's not in the fatui, but atleast she will make a worthy opponent.

She noticed me staring at her, she tilted her head as she locked eyes with me.
"Is something wrong?" She asked.

Her (e/c) eyes stared at me, her eyes are mesmerizing..

"You're beautiful."

"W-what?"