[20] dead.

TW!!! Mentions of Blood, dead bodies etc 🚶‍♀️

You put the last missing person poster up, hoping anyone would come up to you and tell you they've seen baizhu and that he was okay.

You've lost track of how long he's been gone.

You made your way to the bubu pharmacy to visit qiqi, the poor child has been really down. Though she doesn't feel much emotions, you could tell how lonely she's gotten.

When you went inside you saw that no one was there, you leaned over the counter and saw qiqi sitting down with a photo of baizhu framed in her hands.

"Qiqi will wait..so please..come back.." she mumbled, your heart shattered hearing her say that.

You jumped over the counter and saw down next to her.
"Hello qiqi.." you quietly said to her and pat her head.

"Qiqi wants mr.baizhu..back"

"I know honey..don't worry, I'll find him and bring him back okay?" You tried to reassure the child, she kept her gaze on the framed photo.

You heard footsteps nearing the pharmacy and they came inside.
Baizhu?

You hurriedly got up, when you did you hit your head on someone else's and yelped in pain.

You nearly fell back but balanced yourself, you opened your eyes and was met with a pair of blue ocean eyes.

"Ow.." Childe muttered, rubbing his head.

"Oh hey Childe..I'm sorry for that" you chuckled awkwardly, fixing your hair and brushing the dust off your clothes.

"Hey princess, why were you behind the counter?" Childe asked, you gestured to the little girl sitting with your eyes, Childe leaned in again and frowned when he saw her.

You jumped over the counter once again.
"So what's up? Were you looking for me?"

"Correct, I have some..news for you." Childe grabbed your hand and led you outside, not wanting the child to hear so she won't get in the way.

"So yesterday one of our diplomats was on patrol." Childe started.

"He was patrolling qingxu pool, when he saw a tall figure with long green hair, light skin, indigo pants and a pale blue jacket draped around his shoulders like a cape." He finished.

Your heart started racing, the details exactly matched baizhu.

"Thank you childe! I'm heading there right now-" Childe grabbed your arm and stopped you in your tracks.

"Woah calm down, what if it's not baizhu?"

"It has to be him, I really don't want to miss this chance of finding him."

"Alright well if that's the case, then I'm coming with you."

"It's okay you don't have t-"

"I'm coming."

"Heh..okay."

*
*
*
You arrived at qingxu pool, it was almost empty, some monster camps were there but only with a few hilichurls.

You started walking around, hoping to find any clue that will help you find baizhu, Childe too was looking with you.

You saw footsteps that led to a cave.
"Look.." you pointed to the footsteps, Childe turned to you, you decided to follow the footsteps into the cave.

the deeper you went in, the creepier and darker it got, there were blood splattered on the ground, as you walked you felt something crack underneath your heel, you looked down and saw a pair of red oval-framed glasses with blood around it.

Your anxiety rose and your hands started trembling, this was what you exactly feared the most.

You crouched and picked up the Broken glasses, examining it to make sure they were baizhu's glasses.

They were.

Your eyes widened, throat dry, you picked up your pace and ran through the cave.

"(Name)!!" Childe's voice ringed out in your ears, but you ignored it, you kept running.

"Baizhu..!" You called out, In hope for him responding to you and telling you he's okay,
But nothing.

you felt your legs starting to hurt, and your anxiety rising more and more by the second.
Your eyes soon met a strong light causing you to cover them, when you opened them you looked to the roof and saw a giant hole in it.

But then you dragged your gaze to what was a few feet away from you.

Your eye lids shot wide open, your lips started trembling trying to hold back the forming tears in your eyes.

your whole body was shaking at this point, you dragged your aching legs forward.

No..

"Baizhu?.." you called out softly to the male.

No response..

you grabbed his hand, you flinched at how cold it was.

"Hey..wake up.." you shook him but no response.

"Baizhu..please open your eyes" the tears that were pooling in your eyes started flowing down your cheeks.

"Wake up..! you promised we would spend the next lantern rite together.."

You checked for any signs of breathing, but he was gone.

"Please..I'm begging you..talk to me once more...baizhu!" You hugged his body, your sobs getting louder.

Please just be a nightmare..

But you weren't dreaming, this was reality.

Childe watched you afar, his arms crossed over his chest, a dark look on face.

"Baizhu..you still have..to take care of qiqi, you promised you would find a cure for your disease and-...we.."
You tugged onto him tighter, hoping for a miracle.

"We would go a-adventuring together.." you finished, you dragged your gaze to his vision, the glow it had once had died down, now it's just a dull green without the dendro symbol.

Childe finally stepped towards you, he kneeled down to you and put a hand on your shoulder.

"(Name)..he's gone, we need to alert The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor."

He was right, baizhu deserved to have a proper funeral, you wanted to deny that he's gone, but..

You slowly lifted your head, the tears once again pooling in your eyes once you dropped your gaze on baizhu's pale lifeless face.

Childe wrapped his arms around you from behind, he kissed your tears and cupped your face, a sad smile on his face.

"He's in a peaceful place now, love."