[26] here with you.

the dim light coming through the curtains was enough to wake you from your slumber, childe on the other hand- was still deep asleep, his arms wrapped tightly around you.
He buried his face in your chest, while his arms wrapped around your waist.

You tried to sneak out of his grip, but it only tightened around you.

"St..op." Childe mumbled.

"It's about time we get up, don't you think?" You stated, He said something inaudible and didn't get up.

"Childe-"

"Five more minutes.."

"Fine.. Five more minutes."

-

You grabbed your coat and wore it at last, Wrapping childe's scarf around your neck after it.

"Be careful you two." his mother voiced.

"We will don't worry." childe answered her, he intertwined your hands, opened the door and left the house with you.

"Ice fishing or ice skating first?" childe wondered.

"Definitely ice skating." you put forth.

"Did you bring the skates?"

"Of course, they're in the bag."

the two of you walked to the frozen lake near that was near childe's house, The frozen water was thick enough to skate on so it was trustworthy.

You took the skate out of the bag, gave childe his and put on yours.
"Okay- I haven't done this in a long time." you breathed, getting on your feet.

Childe was already skating on the ice, doing flips every now and then as a flex.

You took off your coat and threw it on the snow, making your way on the ice slowly.
As you stepped on the frozen water you nearly tripped but balanced yourself in time.

"Hey girlie~ seems like you're struggling a little bit over there." childe laughed.

"I haven't done this in years give me some time" you huffed.
You steadied yourself and skated forward a bit, yelping in fear as you almost fall on your face, but someone catches you.

"you'll get the hang of it soon" childe smirked, His hand around your waist.

"Childe I swear if you let go-" he Removed his arm.

You stumbled and grabbed onto his arm in panick.
"Don't!"

"Oops my hand slipped!" He chuckled at your struggling figure.

"Don't let gooo!" You whined and lightly punched him.

"Darling consider this an opportunity to work on catching up to my skating skills." childe beamed.

"How about I work my foot up your ass?" you deadpanned.

"Your way of flirting is interesting."

He grabbed both of your hands and began skating in front of you slowly guiding you.
He locked eyes with you and didn't break eye contact, he had that smile on his face, the same one from when you first met him.

"See? You got it!" he exclaimed, continuing to help you.

You truly did get lucky, to have someone so loving, caring and astounding as him.
When you first met him you only tried to push him away, but he kept coming back. And you're thankful that he didn't give up on you.
You never knew that you could get to this point of your life, where you no longer had to hide, push people away, be honest with yourself and have your family and such astonishing people with you.

But of course nothing lasts forever.

*

*

^

This fan fiction is almost over, just a few more chapters then I can kiss this book goodbye

But I'll have a surprise for you all when it's finished

A/N from the next chapter on there will be a time skip for a couple of months