Back Home

AN: I've posted a few chapters to my George fanfic that is a soulmate alternative universe. If that sounds like your jam, please go check it out :) 

Onism
- the awareness of how little of the world you will experience

✦✦✦✦

"Charlie, are you sure she's able to get home?" Fred asked his brother in a low voice while Lynnea rested against his chest. She did not want to leave him for a second.

"Mariam said so," Charlie shrugged.

"I'm fine," Lynnea chuckled while tracing shapes on Fred's chest, they had not noticed she was awake before that apparently. They were set to leave in about an hour or so, the bandage change and drain had just knocked her out completely.

"Since when did she become such a great actress?" George chuckled from the other couch, and she chuckled a little before turning to Charlie.

"Are Aksel and Jordan going to make it back before we leave?"

"Probably not," He muttered while looking down at his wristwatch before continuing to play with Elisa.

"Fleur's living at The Burrow with Bill right now, they're getting married and everything," George said, and Lynnea tensed a little. Fred did too, but for very different reasons.

"Is Harry... How's he?..." Lynnea was unable to fully say what she wanted to as an overwhelming feeling of need to go back overtook her.

"We should say goodbye to Fred before we leave," Charlie said while getting back on his feet, sending a grin to Lynnea that calmed her.

"What?" Fred asked while Lynnea sat back up, clutching her stomach in the process.

"You'll see," Charlie chuckled while helping Lynnea up from the sofa. This time they flew to the valley up in the mountains, much easier than going on a five-hour hike. They landed right at the pass, and Lynnea was already getting excited.

Throughout her weeks in Romania, she had enjoyed the dragon's company immensely and visited it as much as she could. It was getting late in the afternoon though, so there was no telling whether it would be there or not.

Charlie whispered something to Elisa as her eyes widened and she began laughing, he had probably told her so she would be prepared. Lynnea knew the dragon would not hurt her though, not when Lynnea was around.

"What on earth are we doing here?" George questioned, they were not making their way towards the usual caves of the reserves, so neither of the twins really knew what to expect. Lynnea began limping forward, Fred's hand tightly clutched in her own.

"We're going to see my little boy Frederick," Lynnea smiled, but the twins soon realised what it was they had to visit. A large swooping sound could be heard above them as the large dragon blocked the sun completely from their view.

"Oh good, he's just gotten back from a hunt!" Lynnea exclaimed before picking up her pace. Elisa, George and Fred all had the same reaction as their mouths were wide open in wonder.

Lynnea rushed through the scorched grass and trees towards the dragon who was eating the guts of a hairy cow at the moment.

"Hello there, beautiful," Lynnea said, making sure he was still okay with her approaching. The dragon simply gave her a careless look before continuing to eat.

"Someone's hungry huh?" She chuckled while running her hand along with the large dragon's pale scales.

"So you missed me enough to name a dragon after me?" Fred chuckled a little nervously while making his way down the hill, Charlie was in the front, of course, with Elisa hanging from his hip.