First day of School

Rantipole
 - A wild reckless sometimes quarrelsome person

✦✦✦✦

Lynnea did not know if muggle speakers were allowed. She was not about to ask, only to find out they weren't and get it taken away. A good day always started with a couple of good songs. The right songs and she would d feel confident and content the whole day.

Nova and her other roommates, Monica and Jules had already gone down to get breakfast which meant Lynnea was alone in the big room. She put the speaker on and started playing 'Everybody Talks' by Neon trees.

She started brushing her teeth while dancing around to the song. Singing along to the lyrics with the brush still in her mouth. She always brushed her teeth right until the song ended. By all the noise she was making Maui that had previously been laying on her bed, stood up and left the dorm. Next up was 'My Band' by D12, which was the perfect length for her to do her makeup.

She slowly sang along while dragging her eyeliner along her lower waterline. She contoured her cheekbones, put mascara on and lastly she curved her lashes. She pulled on her boots and ran out the door. Getting into the common room she spotted Roger.

"Hey Rogie, follow me to breakfast, yeah?" She asked him.

"Yeah sure thing Lynnea" he made his way over to her and together they left the common room. Right as they got out and were alone Roger spoke up again.

"You know, you made quite the impression yesterday. I've heard a lot of people talking about you this morning" he winked at her which only made her roll her eyes at him.

"I don't get why Dumbledore made such a big deal out of introducing me, it was weird. I'd rather be without that kind of attention." Lynnea huffed. She didn't mind people noticing her, she was quite the sight in her own opinion, but at the moment she felt like a new attraction everyone wanted to see. She'd hoped to introduce herself and maybe let her actions speak for what kind of person she was. Dumbledore had had other plans.

"I thought it was pretty funny, you looked very flustered" Roger chuckled.

"I feel like a caged animal in a zoo, I wanted to introduce myself to people" Lynnea sighed. She was kind of dreading going into the great hall, she was scared everyone would look at her again.

"I know Lynn, we've just never gotten a new student so far along. I'm sure it'll wear off soon. Something new will happen and people will forget about the new student." He tried comforting her while nudging her shoulder.

"It better" was all that Lynnea could force out of her mouth.

As they made it to The Great Hall Lynnea sat down next to Nova and Roger. In front of her were Rogers' friends Sander and Owen. Nova gave her a piece of parchment.

"I got your time table off of Flitwick, he's our head of house. He's also the charms professor. What do you have first?" Nova asked her.

"Look like I've got Ancient Runes, then Arithmancy, care of magical creatures and transfiguration at last." Lynnea looked over her schedule. She had been lucky, Friday was the day where she had a free period. It was a perfect time to be up to no good.

"You, me and Nova have all got the same schedule then, that's nice!" Roger exclaimed as he took a huge bite out of his toast.

"Do we only have classes with our house?" Lynnea curiously asked the group.

"No we've got transfiguration and charms with Gryffindor," Sander said while slurping up the rest of his cereal milk.

"Yea and we've got Care of Magical Creatures with Hufflepuff, they're all way too got at it" Nova answered.