38

Yeosang

I was woken up by light shining through the curtains. I let out a soft groan and turn onto my other side. What time was it?

Wait. I never have my curtains open.

I snapped up in an instant, tiredly looking around. "You're up." I'm suddenly startled by a familiar voice. I turn to the door to spot Seonghwa leaning on the door frame. Right. I came over to his place last night.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" The older chuckled softly. I can't help but to smile a little. "Slightly.. How are you feeling?" I asked and start getting up from the bed, stumbling slightly.

"I'm better. Thanks again for staying, really." I sent another smile towards the guy. "What time is it?" I then ask. God I hope I'm not late to work.

"One in the afternoon..." Seonghwa responded, a bit cautiously. I let out a gasp. "I was supposed to be at the shop an hour ago! Why didn't you wake me up!" I whine, rubbing my face. AS I try to run out of the room the older man grasps me by the shoulders. 

"Wooyoung was blowing up your phone with calls and messages and I picked up. He seemed to be fine with you going in later, after I told him you were still sleeping." Seonghwa explained and pat my shoulders. I visibly relax a bit and let out a small huff. "You still should've woken me up... But thanks."

"How are you feeling?" Seonghwa then asked. I look up at him and hum. "I'm fine." I respond with a shrug. Not feeling any particular way today, but I'm also off my meds so who knows. Seonghwa nods. "You can talk to me whenever, okay?" He states, drawing a laugh out of me. "Yeah yeah.." I mumble. Not that I would pour my worries onto his shoulders.

"I made breakfast... Though it probably has gone cold so I'll just.. Reheat it.." Seonghwa says and scratches the back of his head. "Thanks. I'm starving..."

I sat down at the table as the older took the only plate on it and put it in the microwave. I didn't see what if was fully, but it looked like waffles. "Do you have work today?"  I ask. "Nope. Hongjoong threatened me that I'd be fired if I came to work today.. I figure you called him last night?"

I clear my throat a bit. Should I not have called Hongjoong? "Sorry.. I honestly didn't know what to do so... I had to.." Seonghwa smiled at me. "It's fine. I'm not mad." These words made me relax a bit.

The microwave beeps and Seonghwa takes out the plate, cursing quietly at how hot it is. I let out a small chuckle as he places it down in front of me. I was right, it was waffles. "Thank you." I say and start eating right away.

The older sat down on the chair in front of me. We sat in comfortable silence. I hear the other man shuffle a bit. "You looked cute while sleeping." The statement made me suddenly start coughing. I cover my mouth and swallow the food in my mouth. 

"I... Huh..?" I choke out and look at the other to see him smiling. Probably out of amusement. "You heard me." Seonghwa hums. I take a sip of water and clear my throat. "You have low standards for cute, but th-thank you?" I say and look down. Once again silence falls between us.

"Seonghwa-" "Yeosang, do you like me?" I freeze a little at his question. I glance at the other and he is clearly waiting for an honest answer. 

Do I like him? Or was it just adoration? Or just in the moment? It's not like I have ever thought about it. It's been such a short while since we started to get to know each other, wouldn't it be weird if I liked him after such a small time frame? He'll probably think I'm weird and never talk to me aga––

"Yeosang..?" The older calls out, snapping me back to reality. I ruffle my hair. Shit. "Yes." I blurt out and look down. 

Seonghwa stayed quiet, making me curse under my breath.

"I should go, then..." I mutter and stand up. "Yeosang, wait.." Seonghwa sighs and stands up too, following me to the front door. I bite down on my bottom lip. 

I pull on my shoes and lt out a huff. "I know it's sudden and we haven't even known each other for long and I'm not even sure if it is an actual crush or just from the fact that not many people have been nice to me and..." Seonghwa suddenly pulls me into a hug, interrupting me at the same time.

"It's okay... I'm not sure either..." I pull back a bit, looking up at the older man. Did I hear that right? "Huh?" The older just smiles at me, petting my hair a little. 

"You should get to work, right?"

~~~~

i'm alive and have acquired a charger for my laptop, so everything's good now.

i'm lucky it only took a short while but ya know, it's online school time atm so...

but yuhh. hope you all have a nice weekend and i'll enjoy mine :)