47

warning: this chapter includes implied suicidal behavior and a suicide attempt. you have been warned. 

Seonghwa

I didn't question it right away.

The way Yeosang changed, I mean. After that night, well... He did cry in my hold for what seemed like forever. It hurt to see him like that.

All because of his shitty brother. I knew something had happened once that bastard walked past me in the stairway. That shit-eating grin he gave me made me dash the rest of the way up, to unlock that door and find him absolutely crushed near the door. 

I just thought that, had I come earlier, it would have been fine. Now I question whether it actually would have been. 

The next morning Yeosang acted like he was fine. He openly stated that he didn't want to talk about it and I respected that. But it felt wrong. Like I should have made him talk about it.

And the following weeks, it seemed as if everything really was okay with the younger male.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked the younger who was eating the toast I made him. Yeosang nodded his head. "Don't worry... He just knows exactly where to push." The guy responded, smiling at me softly.

I sighed and nodded my head a little. "If you feel like you want to talk, I'm always here." I then stated, taking a sip from my own coffee. A quiet hum came from the younger. "I know," he said, voice soft.

"Do you want me to come by later?" I asked as I was putting on my shoes. The younger immediately shook his head. "No need. I think I'll just sleep today. It'll be no fun for you." Yeosang stated, smiling at me. "Okay. I'll get you later, then." I nodded my head. 

I walked closer to him, pecking his lips gently. "I'll miss you." I hummed, running my fingers through the younger's black strands. The younger hugged me carefully. "I'll miss you too. You have a day off on Tuesday, right?" I nod my head. 

"You wanna go out, then? To make up for the lost time on our last date." He suggested. I chuckled softly, nodding again. "Of course." I hummed. Yeosang leaned up a bit placing a soft kiss onto my lips. "Go. You'll be late.."

"Yeosang, wait up," I called out. The younger spun on his heels, smiling widely. "Can't keep up slowpoke?" He teased, making me chuckle. "C'mere," I said, taking a few running steps to catch up to him. 

I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, making sure he couldn't run off anywhere. "What do you want to do first?" I asked, looking around the arcade we had come to. The man hummed quietly. "Let's just look around at all the games before spending money." He stated. I nodded my head. "Sure."

We ended spending most of our time just trying to win something from the rigged claw machines. Eventually, we won some small plushies, which Yeosang automatically gave to me. I did not mind it. The plushies were cute. 

What had caught my attention were the bandages the occasionally were revealed when Yeosang's sleeves fell down a bit too much. I didn't comment on them. I should have.

We exited the arcade, plushies stuffed into a single plastic bag. "What next?" I asked, turning to the younger. "Let's go eat." He suggested and I nodded my head. I was getting a bit hungry.  "My treat." The younger stated. I raised my eyebrows a little bit. "It's fine, I can.." "You told me to treat you next time. I'm taking that next time now." He stated, grabbing my free hand.

"Just say what you want to eat."

We ended up choosing a bbq restaurant. It was basic, but we both will like it so it was good enough. We didn't talk much while eating but it was necessary. We were just enjoying the company.