23

Yeosang

I walk into the store at 9am to open it. Fridays and Saturdays are the most busy days but luckily the morning shift isn't too bad...

I spoke too soon. The morning shift is absolute shit. I totally forgot.

I have dealt with 4 angry ladies who said I was taking care of the flowers wrong. Honey. I've worked here for 2 years. I think I know better than you, but of course I don't dare to act sassily towards customers. And a few teenage boys who took way too long to decide what flowers they should buy their girlfriends. Ugh.

I yawn tiredly and walk into the back room when there are no customers. Right as I sat down someone walked in. A groan escapes my mouth and I get back up. "Good morning how may I help you?" I ask with my usual customer service smile. That smile turns to a real one when I see who is leaning on the counter. "Well good morning." Seonghwa says. "Morning, hyung." I say back.

"You look tired. Luckily. I brought just the right thing for you." Seonghwa smiles and places a coffee cup on the table. "Oh. Thanks. I'll go get my wallet... How much was it?" I ask and turn to walk back into the backroom but the older grabs the back of my shirt. "Just take it. You don't have to pay back." Seonghwa says. I bite my bottom lip gently and hesitantly nod. "O-Ok.. Thank you."

I take the warm cup into my hands. "Are you free later today?" Seonghwa asks me suddenly. "I think yeah.. I get off at around two or three when my co-worker shows up. Wooyoung took a few days off to be with San." I chuckle. That would mean I'm alone unless I want to bother the love birds, which I don't want to do. "Alright. Could I hang out with you here then.. And if you're not too drained we could go eat together.. Hongjoong said I've been working hard and gave me a day off. Thank god. I would've had the night shift." Seonghwa rambles and I just listen to him. "Sure. Sounds good." I state. Seonghwa claps his hands excitedly.

"Do you wanna water some flowers?" I ask the older who nods. "Sure. I haven't done that in ages." He hums. I smile gently. Take that watering can and fill it up over there. Water the flowers over there and be careful to not make them too wet." I instruct the male. I pullout bouquet orders and start looking for the right flowers from around the store.

After picking out the flowers I walk over to Seonghwa. "You're doing well. You could pour a bit more water but that is good too." I say with a smile. Seonghwa nods. "This is quite fun. I see why you would enjoy this job." The elder says.

"Look here." I mumble. The elder turns to look at me, a bit confused. I pull out a bluebell flower from the flowers I picked out and place it behind his ear. "I knew it would suit you." I say with a smile. I walk back to the counter letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "He's so good looking up close.." I mumble to myself and start making the first bouquet.

Seonghwa returns to the counter after watering some flowers. "How do you have the patience to do all that?" Seonghwa questions while watching me. "Small things like this keep me focused. Plus it makes time go faster when there aren't many customers." I explain to him. Seonghwa nods. "Seems cool." he hums with a smile.

I smile back at him gently.