26

Yeosang

I wake up to my alarm ringing once again. "God. I didn't even drink that much.." I mutter and sit up rubbing my face. I shut the annoying ass alarm before stumbling out of bed. Did Seonghwa leave last night?

I walk out of my bedroom and look around. "I guess he did." I mumble and walk into my bathroom. I do my usual morning routine and put on a bit of makeup before walking back out. Get my phone from my room.

Kang Yeosang
Good morning Hyung
You awake?
I hope you're not too hungover

Seonghwa Hyung
Morning.
I'm fine, don't worry. I just woke up
I may have a low alcohol tolerance but I don't get bad hangovers...
Only if I drink like a shit ton.
wbu?

Kang Yeosang
I'm alright. Fine enough to work, that is.
But I gotta blast...
I gotta open the shop. I'll talk to you later!

Seonghwa Hyung
Aright
Have fun at work :)

I send back a "you too" before putting the phone away and walking out of my house, of course not before I've got my keys.

I make my way to the store. I open the front door with the key and walk in. I've got enough time to prepare everything. Soon enough customers start flooding in. I greet them occasionally if there are less than 3 people coming in. The store is not that big, luckily.

---

"Hi." I greet my co-worker when the male walks in. "Today's not really busy so I'll just leave you to it." I say ruffling his blonde hair gently. The other male nods. I leave to go put my apron away in the backroom

"Oh Yeosang? He's just leaving.." I hear. I swiftly walk out of the backroom and see my grandmother talking with my co- worker. I swallow the lump in my throat. Why was she here? What did she want?

"Grandma.." I said and the old lady turned to me with a gentle smile on her lips. "Let's go somewhere else." I mumble, waving bye to my workmate. I take the woman's hand, helping her out of the store.

After a minute of silence I open my mouth. "Why are you here..?" I ask her. The woman sighs. "To see how you're doing.. You rushed out so last time and we didn't even get to talk much.." The woman says.

"How are you holding up, darling?" She asks. I bite my bottom lip. "I'm alright." I say in the most simple way possible. "Is what Jaejoong said at the dinner table really true..?" She then asks. I look away from her. "Yeah.." I mumble while nodding.

The woman nods. "I... I am fine with it. I can not talk for your grandfather or parents. But I am okay with it. It can't be helped." She says making me relax a little. "..Mom, dad and Jaejoong hate me." I simply state. "Not only am I a disappointment to them, but being gay was the limit to them."

"So they knew before the dinner?" The woman confirms. I nod. "They threw me out when they found out.." I say. My grandmother gasps in shock. Her shock confirms my guess on that they never told anybody about it in detail. "That's why I haven't called or anything. I thought they told you all and that you would resent me too."

"You've been all alone all this time?" She then asks. I smile and shake my head gently. "I have made friends. Only a few but they're nice." "Well that is good then." She hums.

"Let's go get some coffee or tea.." I suggest. My grandma nods. "I know a nice place.." I say and starts walking to the coffee shop across the street. The two walk in. "What do you want? I'll pay." I offer. She says she wants just a chamomile tea. I walk to the cash register and smile at Seonghwa who is working there. "Hi Sangie. The usual iced coffee?" The elder asks. I nod at him. "Also a chamomile tea." I say. I pay for the drinks. "I'll bring them to your table."

I go to sit down at the table my grandma chose. "This is a lovely place." She says with a smile. I nod. "I know. We get our drinks from here because our coffee machine is broken at the shop." I chuckle. "He works here with a few other people I know."

"You said you work with a friend at the store? Was it the boy at the counter?" She asks. I shake my head. "Wooyoung is taking a break with his boyfriend... He deserves it." I hum. "But you're not overworking, are you?" She asks. I laugh gently, shaking my head once again. "I'm not. I have a few evening shifts left this week before two free days."

Seonghwa brings our drinks and I thank the elder with a smile. When the male walks away my grandma clears her throat. "Are you sure that he is just a friend? The way he looks at you says differently.." She laughs. I ruffle my hair. "Yeah. At least for now." I mumble and start sipping my coffee. She laughs. "I would not mind him as a son in law. He is good looking." Yeosang smiles a little at the comment.

"I can't argue on the good looking part."