27

☁️

It probably wasn't the best decision to stay over at Aron's on a school night, but Romeo had made worse decisions. He was all happy smiles and an achy neck. Not from a night of sexual exploits but rather from falling asleep on the sofa, Aron still wrapped around him.

It was the first time, in a very long time, that he woke up in someone's arms and without sex before. The sensation was foreign but not as awful as he could have thought.

Aron pulled up to the sidewalk by Romeo's apartments, his Maserati rumbling low. Romeo stretched and yawned, leaning over to drape his arms around Aron's shoulders.

"I had fun," he hummed.

"Go get ready for class," Aron said.

"Ugh, I have time," Romeo groaned.

"You may, but I have work," Aron said, looking down at his watch; a shiny platinum Rolex. Romeo stuck out his bottom lip. "Get."

"Oh fine," Romeo laughed, letting him go. He picked up his backpack and reached for the door.

"Romeo."

He stopped and sat back, staring at Aron. The snark in the man's voice had dropped and Romeo felt his heart speed up anxiously. Aron pressed a hand to his cheek, stroking the soft skin with a thumb and Romeo flushed, looking down.

"I had fun."

"I-I did too..." Romeo's voice hitched unexpectantly. He looked back up as Aron's hand slipped from his rosy cheek.

"Have a good day. I'll talk to you later." Aron smiled a little before his usual, stern glare returned. "Now get going."

Romeo smiled and crawled out of the car, watching Aron drive away. He pulled his backpack to his chest, a warm smile still on his face that was near the equivalent of an afterglow. Aron was doing things to his heart that he really didn't like. But there was no way to really stop it either.

"Romeo?"

And then everything stopped.

Romeo looked around as Nolan walked across the parking lot, eyes wide and hands outstretched in confusion. Romeo swallowed and took a step back, his smile wiped from his face.

"Hey...uhh...what are you doing here?"

"Chris asked for a ride to class," Nolan said. "What are you...what's all this?" He made a vague hand gesture at Romeo and Romeo knew exactly what he meant.

"It's nothing," Romeo snapped.

"You were just dropped off in a really nice car. You're half dressed and I know that's not your shirt. And you have this really happy...glow. Are you fucking some rich old guy?"

Romeo's eyes widened. "What? Nolan, no! It's nothing. Don't make a big deal about it!"

"I'm not making a big deal about it, I'm just asking," Nolan laughed. "Stop freaking out. Are you dating someone behind my back?"

"We're not dating, so it shouldn't fucking matter."

"We're not, but we're still—"

"I have to get ready for class," Romeo said curtly, turning away. He suddenly stopped and spun back around. "And just so you know, this is my fucking shirt. He bought it for me!"

Without another word, Romeo started to make his way up the stairs, Nolan still wildly confused behind him. Romeo couldn't look back at him. He would see him again later in the day and he decided he would deal with him then. He couldn't ruin the sweet feeling he had left from leaving Aron. And it certainly couldn't be ruined because of Nolan's pestering.

"Good morning, Romeo," Chris said as he locked his apartment door.

Romeo reared on him and tried to smile. He ended up turning around again to face his own door. "Good morning. Nolan is waiting for you. I have to get ready for class."

And before Chris could say anything else, Romeo disappeared into the apartment.

☁️