28

☁️

Blue and grey paint splattered the canvas to create an underwater scene. It was a little out of the ordinary, but for some reason Romeo had fallen in love with the nature documentary he had watched (rather Rio had watched) on sea life. And of all the creatures, he had found the jellyfish particularly interesting.

He had painted a background to the sea scene and was slowly sketching in the jellyfish he would paint later. Rio watched from the sofa, his books tossed aside and his notes scattered over the floor. Rain pattered against the window so Romeo had to paint indoors instead of setting up his easel outside.

Jellyfish took shape and he charcoaled in the outlines of rocks and coral next. He leaned back, agreeing with himself that it was time to continue his work, and picked up his paints again.

"Rom?"

"Yeah?" He didn't stop painting. He mixed pink and orange together until he found the proper shade of coral he wanted to use.

"Are you dating someone?"

And then he stopped.

"Huh? W-What?"

"Are you dating someone? I've heard rumors..."

"From Jacob?"

"No," Rio quickly said. "From Nolan. He asked me because he said he saw you get out of a nice car the other day and it was early. It just got me thinking and now I'm just curious. I'm not going to tell anyone."

And by "anyone" Romeo knew he meant Camila. He sighed, setting his brush down. "It's really nothing major."

"That's a yes."

"Rio!"

"You're taking too long to deny it. You're avoiding it. And your ears are super red, too, so you're dating someone. That's fine, I just wanted to know."

"Rio, I am not!"

"Red ears," Rio taunted, sticking his tongue out. "So where'd you meet them? Not around the school since they apparently drive a car no one has seen on campus before. Oh, was it at the art show!"

"No..."

"Before or after the show?" Rio propped his head up on his hands, now fully committed to his game.

"I met him before."

"Aha! So you are dating someone and this someone is a guy," Rio confirmed. Romeo groaned, face palming.

"Fuck."

"So it was before. Hmm..."

The door to the apartment opened and Camila walked in, shaking off rain water. She looked from Romeo's distressed face to Rio's wide grin.

"Did you ask him?"

"Mhm."

"You too?" Romeo snapped. "Seriously, Camila?! You're in on it?"

"Don't act surprised," Camila said. "You know Nolan has a hard time with secrets."

Yeah right, Romeo thought. "He saw me get out of a car once. That doesn't mean anything."

"But you confirmed it earlier," Rio said.

"That is beside the point!"

"Chris also mentioned something about seeing a Porsche here once," Camila added. "And Nolan said he saw you get out of a Maserati. Please don't tell me you're some escort for rich old men."

"I'm sorry. You caught me. I'm an escort for billionaires. Leave me alone so I can finish my painting now."

☁️

Happy Saturday!