8

☁️

The smell of fresh bacon filled the air and Romeo stretched with a pleasant smile. He opened his eyes, better examining the room in the morning light. He curled his fingers into the white sheets and inhaled; the soft cotton had a fresh scent, recently clean, but he could still smell the food being cooked across the house.

He sat up, yawning big, and remembered he was naked. Then slowly remembered he wasn't in his bed. He wasn't even home.

Scratching his head, Romeo crawled out of the bed and shuffled to the bathroom. He freshened up and went to search for his clothes. He walked with his hands around his body, as if to hide that he was naked from (nonexistent) wandering eyes.

He found his clothes neatly folded and placed on top of the dresser. Romeo started to dress and as he pulled his shirt over his head, he realized his clothes had been washed. They shared the same scent as the sheets.

He was used to one night stands but never having his clothes cleaned by morning.

He ran his hand through his mess of hair and walked out of the room. He racked his mind for the man's name. He knew it was something with an "A" something short.

Romeo shuffled into the living room and from where he stood he could see into the kitchen. The older man was wearing a pair of dark slacks and a white tank top. He was standing over the stove, focused on his cooking. Romeo bit his lip and cleared his throat to get his attention. The man looked over his shoulder with a grin and then back to his food.

"Good morning," he said.

"Good morning...uh..."

"Aron."

Romeo winced, mentally facepalming. "Thanks."

Aron dumped the bacon from the pan and onto a plate. He pointed to a coffee maker.

"Make yourself a cup of coffee. There's creamer in the fridge and the sugar is in that second canister."

Romeo waddled into the kitchen, careful to stay out of Aron's way. He glanced over as he picked up his cup of coffee; it was still really hot. He opened the refrigerator and grabbed the creamer. As he returned to his cup, he saw Aron already had one. Romeo leaned over and caught a glimpse of the two plates of food, both already set with omelets. Aron took a sip of his coffee and started plating the bacon too.

"Hope you slept alright," Aron said, carrying the plates to the table. Romeo scooped sugar into his coffee and stirred. "You snored like it."

"I slept great, actually," Romeo laughed. "Your bed is nice."

"I would assume anything is better than a fucking dorm bed," Aron replied, sitting down at the table. Romeo followed and sat down in the chair with the plate set in front of it.

"And what makes you think I live in a dorm?" Romeo asked. He eyed the food before him. A homemade omelet and crisp bacon, alongside a cup of fresh coffee. He was actually sitting down to a real breakfast instead of running with a piece of toast in his mouth to his morning class. He picked up his fork and looked to Aron before eating.

"You were down at that bar. If I'm not mistaken, UCLA is really close by," Aron said, nibbling at a piece of bacon. "So correct me if I'm wrong with my assumption."

Romeo swallowed. Aron's voice was smooth and he was so cordial, even while eating and so fucking early, too. Romeo's mind was still trying to pick up the pieces from the previous night and here was Aron making actual conversation.

"Yeah," Romeo muttered. "I mean, no, what?"

Aron chuckled and took a sip of his coffee. "Damn brat."