2

☁️

Romeo snuck out of the apartment as early as he could. He did not wake up Nolan; not on accident and not to say goodbye. He didn't want to wake him up. The less interaction he had to make, the better. He slipped right out, taking his keys, and made his way down the hallway and to his car parked outside.

Luckily, Nolan did not live far from his own home. It was a little less than ten minutes for Romeo to drive from the apartment to his own. But that was where things often got tricky. He could sneak out of Nolan's apartment; but sneaking into his own was a challenge.

First there was Rio, a childhood friend, who was a light sleeper. And how he managed to be a light sleeper still baffled Romeo. The guy had late classes and worked in the evening. Romeo always thought that constituted a heavy sleeper but he had woken Rio up on multiple occasions. And each time he received a sleepy earful for staying out so late.

And if he did manage to sneak passed Rio, there was still his sister Camila. She was the one he didn't want to face. At least with Rio, the arguments were short. To the point. Mainly because Rio wanted to sleep. But Camila was an early riser; she was already functioning at seven a.m. when Romeo was shutting down.

He pushed the key into the keyhole and twisted it. He heard it click and he pushed, holding his breath.

"Romeo."

"Fuck..."

He sighed and walked into the apartment in defeat. Camila was already awake. She was tying her shoes, wearing her usual workout clothes. He had hoped he would miss her; get inside after she took off running and before Rio woke up.

"Good morning."

"Romeo, just where were you last night?" Camila asked, looking him over. No, she was looking at the bitemarks on his neck.

Romeo shrugged and ran a hand over his exposed skin, touching the visible marks from the previous night.

"I was just...out..."

"Don't lie."

He huffed. "I was out fucking every guy on the street all night. Better?"

Camila sighed, looking down at the floor and shaking her head. The look on her face was pure torment and hurt, all mixed into one.

"Why do you do this...?"

"Camila, it's not a big deal. And it's too early to argue this," Romeo snapped. "I'm tired and I want to shower and go to sleep. So can we wrap this up?"

"I'll talk to you later," Camila said, throwing her hands up. A sign she was exasperated, not defeated. "I cannot handle you in the morning. You're even more stubborn and stupid before twelve."

"I am not!"

Camila shook her head and picked up her bottle of water. She walked by Romeo and pinched his ear.

"Go clean up. And get some rest. You need to sleep more."

Romeo pushed her hand away. He rolled his eyes and muttered "whatever" as she left the apartment. He exhaled and stormed off to his room. He grabbed a pair of clothes and made his way to the bathroom.

His much needed shower was perfect. The water stung away the sweat and Nolan's scent. It was refreshing, as much as it hurt. As much as the heat rose from his body. He ran his hands through his hair and over his neck. He couldn't feel any marks, but he knew they were there. He knew his neck was covered in black and purple bites.

He closed his eyes, letting the water hit his face.

Romeo didn't bother with his clothes. He barely dried off. He curled into his bed, pulling the sheet and comforter around his neck. He didn't care that his bed was all wet. He didn't care that his head was all cold. It didn't compare to the empty feeling in his stomach. He had to wonder to himself, just how he could still feel so alone.

He got what he needed physically without the emotional hurt and without the stress. Without the unbearable pain. It was easier. It was better.

But it was still hurting. Even after he was washed and cleaned and back to himself, it still hurt.

☁️

Don't forget to vote and comment! 🥰