17

he's really daddy 😩🥵

☁️

After class and work, Romeo headed home to wash up. Rio was staying late at the hospital, again, and Camila already had dinner plans with Charlie. It worked out perfectly. He had no one to answer to that evening and he didn't have to explain where he was going. So Romeo showered and put on a pair of dark jeans with a black dress shirt. He tried to tame his curls to make it look less like he had just rolled out of bed. And after a few minutes of trying, he eventually said fuck it and grabbed his keys. And exactly at 6 pm, Romeo received a text from Aron.

Daddy: Here.

Romeo locked the door and headed down the stairs, grabbing the rail at his side. He was prone to excitedly running down the stairs and falling so the last way he wanted to spend his evening was in the hospital.

He turned the corner and saw Aron's car parked against the sidewalk, sleek and shiny pewter grey in the evening sun. Aron had brought the Porsche.

Romeo started to walk, keeping his expression as bland as Aron's, but through his excitement he saw Chris walking around the building, phone in hand. Romeo grew rigid as his neighbor looked up and waved, tugging an earbud into his hand.

"Hey, Rom, going out for dinner?"

"Ahh...yeah," Romeo replied. It came out as more of a question than an actual response. He stood by Aron's car, not daring to touch it or even look at it. "Just a quick bite and I'm going to go study. You...?"

"Dinner with Thomas tonight," Chris laughed. "Date night."

"That's nice. Where to?"

Chris wrapped his earbuds around his phone and folded his arms. "I think the steakhouse. He's was going on and on about having a steak last week."

"That sounds good. I won't keep you then. Have fun," Romeo said, waving.

"You too. Study hard!"

Chris turned to leave and Romeo spun around slowly, pretending to walk away. He watched Chris disappear into the apartments and he made a quick beeline for Aron's car. He flopped into the passenger's seat and heard a long, unhappy sigh.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Sorry..." Romeo said. "He's my neighbor and I didn't want him to see me get in the car and I couldn't just avoid him and...Are you playing Flappy Bird?"

"I was."

"Did you fuck up?"

"Yeah. When you decided to cause as much racket as an atomic bomb. I was two away from beating my high score."

Romeo leaned over. "What's your high score?"

"805."

Romeo's brows lowered into a frown. "Bullshit." Aron held out his phone and Romeo hissed at the solid proof that Aron was apparently a god capable of anything.

"What do you want to eat? I'm sure you're starving on your shitty college diet."

"I would be but you take pretty good care of making sure I'm fed."

Aron shrugged. "I can't have you fainting from fatigue with my dick in you."

"True."

"What do you want?"

"Anything but the steakhouse," Romeo sighed. Aron raised a questioning eyebrow and Romeo shook his head. "Nothing. Uhh...how does Italian sound?"

His words came out timid. He was definitely still asking permission. It was Aron's money. Aron would be driving. Romeo felt like he still had to clear it with Aron, even though the man was catering to whatever Romeo wanted.