Chapter 9♡︎

Athena sat in the great hall for breakfast,playing with her food while her head rested on Blaise shoulder.

Over the past couple months she's come to adore her boys. She's gotten used to their touches and could usually be seen leaning or holding hands with either one of them or Pansy. They showed her that not everyone wanted to hurt her and that she could trust them.

Pansy shared a sad look with Blaise,Theo,and Draco as she reached over a tucked a loose curl behind Athena's hair,causing the small girl to look at her, "You should eat something,sweetie"

"M'not hungry" Athena mumbles,closing her eyes. She couldn't fall asleep last night and all the noise in the great hall was making her head hurt but she didn't want to be alone in fear of doing something stupid.

Draco shares a look with the others before standing up and heading to the high table,ignoring the curious looks he got as he approached Severus.

"What can I do for you,Mr.Malfoy?" Severus questions his godson,slightly turning worried as he noticed the boys frown.

Draco leans closer to the man,talking lowly so that only he could hear, "Athena's feeling down today,Sev,and we can't find a way to cheer her up. She doesn't seem to want to be here but she won't let any of us take her anywhere else since she wants us to enjoy today so I was wondering if you could do something."

Severus takes a look at the girl from her position beside Zabini. She laying across the bench,leaning her body on Zabini who had an arm wrapped around her petite shoulders and her legs were stretched out onto Pansy's lap. Her eyed were closed and her face looked pale and he could see her hands drumming on her thighs.

"I'll handle it" Severus reassures the blonde boy who gives him a nod before walking back to the Slytherin table.

Severus turn to the two men beside him,both wearing concern expressions,having heard the conversation with their heightened hearing. "Stop by the kitchens and get as many sweets as you can,I doubt she's eaten and then come to my classroom"

Severus makes his way down the isle until he's standing behind the girl, "Ms.Potter"

Athena peeks an eye open,looking at the professor before closing her eyes again, "Yes,Professor?"

"Come with me,please"

Athena sighs but stands up,screwing her eyes shut and grabbing hold of Blaise shoulder to stable herself when the world spins. Once it stops she carefully opens her eyes and places a sweet kiss onto Blaise cheek and reassuring the other three that she was fine before walking next to Severus out of the great hall,both silent as they walk.

"Would you like to talk about it,sweetie?" Severus questions gently as he squats infront of the girl once she took a seat in her chair,pushing a loose curls behind her ear.

"Today was the day everything happened. The day they left me on that doorstep. The day they gave me up. The day they left me. The day t-" Athena takes a deep breath,anger suddenly coursing through her and causing her swipe everything off the mans desk.

Severus just stands up and stays a safe distance away,allowing the girl to let her anger out.

"Who the fuck leaves a baby on a doorstep?" Athena questions angrily,pacing, "I was one! I'm sure Lily knew her sister hated magic! I slept in a cupboard until I was five! Vernon nearly beat be to death the night they decided to take me to that fucked up orphanage!" Athena rages,harshly running a hand through her hair.

Severus had to hold down his own anger at hearing the girls words,he would like to do nothing more than kill those retched muggles but one of them had to stay calm and clearing it wasn't going to be Athena.

"I hate them! I hate them! I hate them! I FUCKING HATE THEM!" Athena screams,kicking her chair before slumping to the ground,tears running down her cheeks.

Severus quickly hurries over and pulls the sobbing girl into his arms,slowly rocking her and softly petting her hair, "Shhhh,it's going to be okay"

"I want ice cream" Athena says after calming down but not removing herself from the mans hold. The man was already the closest father figure she's had and she felt safe in his fatherly hold.

Severus laughs and uses his thump to wipe the tears that lingered on her red cheeks, "The Blacks should be here soon with so-"

He got cut off by the blacks barging in,panting as they held multiple items in their arms, "Sorry,we didn't know what all to get so we got everything"
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎
"Your telling me a troll entered the school?" Athena questions her best friends,leaning against the arm of the couch with her legs in Theo's lap as he read a book.

"Yup" Blaise says. The girl had just gotten back to the common room and he was currently filling her in on what he missed.

"But a troll just couldn't enter the castle..." Athena says,sitting up so she had her legs crossed and was looking down at her lap,her brows furrowed.

"Athena?" Draco questions at the girls sudden quietness. He got no reply in return.

None of them did.

Athena finally snaps out of it and not realizing how late it was she runs up to the boys dorm and barges in,hopping onto Blaise who shoots up,causing both of them to knock foreheads.

"Fuck!" Athena groans,rubbing her injured head.

"Thena? What are you doing here? It's two in the morning" Blaise hisses out quietly,not wanting to deal with angry dorm mates.

"You said,Professor Quirrell,Right?" Athena questioned the boy,nearly bouncing.

"Yes?" Blaise says confused,rubbing his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to sleep but he knew the girl wouldn't get rest until she got answers.

"Explain the whole thing,full detail. I want to know exactly what he said,how he said it,and how he reacted" Athena orders,closing her eyes.

"He ran into the hall a scared expression an-" As Blaise explained Quirrell's reaction in as much detail as he could Athena pictured the whole thing.

"Alright! Thanks,honey" Athena says,placing a kiss onto the boys cheek before making a move to get off the bed.

Blaise grabs the small girl before she could escape and pulls her against his chest,wrapping his arms around her in a protective hold.

"Blaiseee" Athena whines,turning so that she could look at him.

"Nuuh,don't give me any of that crap,young lady. You need sleep and I know you well enough to know that if I let you go now your going to do everything but sleep-don't lie to me" Blaise says sternly,raising an eyebrow at the now pouting girl.

"Fine" Athena huffs out,attempting to hide a yawn but failing. She cuddles closer into him for warmth and quickly falls asleep.

Blaise lets out a satisfied humm as he pulls the cover over the girl before falling asleep himself.