2. Are You A Treble Clef?

"Drew Bates?" I asked, curious as to why Sky used his last name unlike Jess when she told me who the other two were.

"He's the it guy here." Sky answered.

"Yeah, he's hot, popular, and a multi-talent." Jess continued.

"So in other words every guy wants to be him and every girl wants to be with him." Sky concluded, looking at him longingly.

I snorted. How cliché was this place? It even had it's own group of popular guys. I bet they were real troublemakers too.

"So what are they here for?" I asked, ignoring the looks Jess and Sky were sending Drew and his friends.

"They're all here for football, and Drew's also here for guitar." A girl walking by answered when she saw that Sky and Jess were too caught up in gawking at the boys.

And before I could say anything she was out the door. I was sad for a moment that I didn't get her name, but got over it when the three boys got up and started walking our way.

I heard Jess inhale sharply, and looked over to see Sky looking pale beside me. I rolled my eyes at their dramatics and looked back at the three 'it' boys.

"Are you a treble clef? Because you have curves in all the right places." Drew said when he was in front of us, looking right at me with a perfect smile on his attractive face.

I scoffed, "Are you calling me fat?"

His smile faltered, but he quickly recovered,"I could call you many things, but fat isn't one of them. Beautiful, or sexy maybe. But not fat."

I rolled my eyes. He sure was desperate.

"I've never seen you before, and I'd notice a beautiful girl like you, so I assuming you're new. What's your name?" He asked when he realized that I wasn't going to reply to what he previously said.

"Cora Steele." I replied, sighing when I realized that he wasn't going to just go away.

"Oh, it's you." He muttered, his voice turning uninterested and his smile into a scowl.

Without another word he walked away, his two friends following like lost puppies.

"What just happened?" I asked, looking back at Jess and Sky.

Sky shrugged, looking just as confused as I must've looked, but Jess answered "Everyone's been talking about you and your drawing talent, which is taking the spotlight off of Drew. And everyone knows that Drew needs attention like he needs food and water. So it's only natural that he'd react that way when he found out who you are."

"So you're saying that Drew and I are basically destined to be enemies or something?" I questioned, and Sky and Jess nodded in confirmation.

Great. I'd been here less than a day and I was already enemies with the three most popular guys in school.

"Well he can hate me all he wants, I really don't care." I announced, more to myself than Jess and Sky.

"Well anyway, why don't we go back to our dorm and watch a movie or something?" Sky suggested, and I agreed because I didn't feel like having another run in with that Drew Bates guy.

Unfortunately Jess had to meet someone for a study session so it was just me and Sky.

Once we were back in our dorm I put on my favourite hello kitty pj pants and a white tank top. Even though it was still fairly early, I was completely done with today, and I wasn't going to leave my room until tomorrow.

"Nice pjs." Sky teased when I came out of the bathroom.

"Look who's talking." I shot back playfully, taking in her Cinderella nightgown.