11. Apologies

I hated Mondays.

I had to wake up early for school, and then go to classes all day. In my opinion Mondays should be half school days from noon to the end of a regular school day, that way we had time to ease into the week.

After staying up and waking up late, it was next to impossible to get up early and go to a full day of classes on Monday.

"Get up, you're gonna be late!" Sky exclaimed just as a pillow hit my head.

"Go away." I grumbled, throwing the pillow in the direction I thought she was in.

"You have to get up Cora." She replied, her tone almost whiny.

I slowly got out of bed, knowing that my stupid best friend wasn't going to leave me alone until I got up.

"Happy now?" I asked as I headed toward the bathroom.

Sky gave me a smug smile, "Very."

Twenty minutes later I had my hair in a messy bun and was dressed in a pair of black leggings, a grey jumper, and adidas sneakers. Comfy, lazy, and cute. The perfect outfit.

"Lets go!" Sky exclaimed as she walked out the door. If there was one thing I knew about her, it was that she hated being late. I didn't like being late either, although it never bother me too much. But for Sky it was the end of the world.

Once Sky and I went our separate ways, Drew starting walking with me.

"Um, hi?" I said, but it came out as a question. Why was he walking with me?

"I just wanted to ask if you're okay?" He replied, looking down at me curiously.

I contemplated his question for a moment. Was I okay? I wasn't feeling particularly sad today, but I still felt off. I didn't think I'd truly be okay until I had answers.

"No." I mumbled, I felt weak admitting it but I didn't feel like lying. I'd lied enough lately.

Drew shrugged, "Maybe tomorrow."

I nodded in agreement, even though I knew I wouldn't be different tomorrow.

The rest of the walk to class was silent, and to my surprise Drew stayed with me instead of going off to his class once he got my reply. I wanted to ask him why he was walking with me, and why he cared if I was okay or not. But I didn't. I didn't want to break the silence, it was refreshing. And it was what we did best, enjoying each other's presence without ruining it by talking.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Are you ready to train your butt off?" Matt asked in a goofy announcer voice he sometimes did.

I laughed, "Probably not."

"Drew, you're late. Drop and give me ten!" Matt demanded when Drew got to us, and much to my surprise, he actually did what he was told.

And of course it was as easy as breathing for him. Now if it were me doing ten push-ups, I'd be huffing and puffing as I tried my hardest to lift myself off the ground.

After Drew was done, all three of us started off stretching, and then did a lap around the gym.

I did that easily enough, but I was starting to get tired.

"Next we're going to do push-ups and sit-ups" Matt instructed.

I groaned as I positioned myself on the ground for the push-ups. This was not going to be pretty.

I got about two in before I started to struggle, which I thought was pretty impressive at the time. Until I heard Matt and Drew count out their fiftieth push-up.