8. It Wasn't An Accident

"Please don't leave me!" I begged my two best friends who were currently saying goodbye to me.

It was the first weekend they were both going home to see their families at the same time, and they were leaving me behind all by myself. I never visited my aunt Maria because she didn't want anything to do with me, so I was stuck here like always. I didn't even have Matt to hang out with because he was going home too.

"Sorry but it's my mom's birthday." Sky told me.

"And my parents are making me come home." Jess added, giving me an apologetic smile.

"Fine, leave me to die of boredom!" I exclaimed dramatically.

"Bye." They sang as they headed out the door.

What am I suppose to do now? I'd already eaten and I didn't have any new shows to binge watch. This was going to be a terrible weekend.

After a while of doing nothing I decided to wander the halls in an attempt to find something to entertain me for a while. I sighed as I headed out the door. Stupid friends having families and stuff. They could've taken me with one of them.

Eventually I found myself in front of the music room. It was empty so I went in and sat down on the piano bench.

It had been a week since the performance and Drew and I haven't spoken, not that I was complaining. He even made Matt and Cody stop bugging me. It was like I didn't exist in his world anymore. Maybe he was calling a truce. He apologized for blaming me for his mistake in the song, and now he's stopped bugging me. I should be happy, right?

But I couldn't help missing the anticipation of what he was going to come up with to annoy me next. Maybe I actually wanted things to go back to normal. All I knew since coming here was Drew's presence, whether it was in music class or math when Cody and Matt were bugging me. He was always there somehow. And now it was like he disappeared without actually leaving. He was still around but he wasn't the Drew I knew.

I tried to rid my thoughts of him by placing my hands on the keys of the piano and playing the all too familiar chords and notes of our song. I almost wished Drew was here playing his part. As the music swirled around me I pictured the two of us on stage, this time without either of us messing up.

I smiled as the song came to an end and sat with my eyes still closed for a minute.

The creek of the door opening snapped me back to reality. I whipped my head around to the direction of the noise and saw Drew walking into the room. Think of the Devil and he shall appear.

"Oh, you're here." He said when he noticed me. And although those words would usually be rude, he didn't say them in a mean way.

"I was just leaving anyway." I replied, standing up to leave.

He furrowed his brows as he thought for a second, and then said words I never thought I'd hear from him, "Don't go."

I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off.

"I mean, you can leave but you don't have to, you were here first."

I gave him a confused look, but shook off his words and sat back down at the piano.

He was actually being kind of nice. Did he take one too many blows to the head in football or something?

"I didn't get hit in the head." He stated as he sat down on a chair near me.

I looked at him, shocked. He read my mind!

"You said it out loud." He explained when I didn't reply.