22. Panic Attacks And Snowball Fights

It was finally the weekend again.

After everything that happened at the beginning of the week, finding a lead on my parents murder, it being a dead end, getting a threatening letter, I'd been on edge.

Every time I heard a loud noise I would flinch. I check and recheck that my dorm room's windows and doors are locked. I'd basically become paranoid, but who wouldn't? Someone threatened my life, and I could only assume that they were serious since they killed my parents and aunt. They wouldn't hesitate to kill me too.

A knock at my door made me jump out of my thoughts in fright.

Could that be the murderer? Coming to get me since I hadn't stopped trying to find out who they were. Yeah, I know it was stupid that I didn't stop looking, but I needed answers for my family.

Another knock at the door brought me back to reality again and I silently got up from my bed and went to the door.

Too bad Sky wasn't here for moral support.

Instead of opening the door I looked through the peep hole and sighed in relief when I saw that it was only Drew.

He'd been keeping me company a lot since I got the letter. I think he was just as scared for my life as I was. He probably thought he could protect me from the killer if he was with me when they tried to hurt me.

I quickly unlocked and opened the door for him.

"Why'd it take you so long to answer the door? I thought something happened to you." Drew questioned, walking into the room.

I quickly shut and locked the door behind him before replying, "Sorry, I was lost in thought."

The concern on his face was obvious, and it warmed my heart that he cared so much.

"Have you eaten today?" He asked, changing the subject.

I thought about it for a moment and realized that I hadn't eaten yet.

I shook my head no as I looked at my phone to check the time; 2:15. I missed breakfast and lunch, but in my defense I have been focusing on things more important than my hunger since I got the letter.

"Lets go get you some food." Drew suggested, walking back towards the door.

I silently followed him out, making sure the door was locked before making our way to the cafeteria. The mention of food made me realize just how hungry I was. I could go for a whole box of pizza right now.

We eventually made it to the cafeteria and into the very short food line. I decided on three slices of pepperoni pizza and a bottle of orange juice.

Once we were sat down I dug into my food and Drew watched, his eyes dancing with amusement and a small smile resting on his lips.

He looked so hot just sitting back, smiling.

Wait. Did I really just think that?

Pushing away that very strange thought I went back to shoving food in my face. I just couldn't get the pizza into my stomach fast enough, I was starving.

Suddenly, someone behind me grabbed my shoulders and yelled "BOO!"

I screamed and put my arms over my head to protect myself.

"Woah Cora it's just me." Matt laughed, sitting down beside me.

I tried to calm my racing heart to no avail. I was breathing fast but it didn't feel like the air was getting to my lungs.

I couldn't breathe.

"It was just a joke Cora, you've been so jumpy lately." Matt spoke again when I didn't reply.