Bonus Chapter: Introductions

Drew's P.O.V

"The den isn't so bad." Cody said as we walked down the hallway to the den.

"Yeah it has a great T.V." Matt added.

Somehow these two idiots convinced me to go to the den, one of my least favourite places in the school. Everyone hung out there, but I'd rather be alone playing my guitar than around all those people that stared at me like I was royalty or something.

I could hear the loud conversations through the door when we arrived, and rolled my eyes when everyone went silent as we entered the room. We were just three normal guys, I never understood why everyone always treated us so different.

"Hey do you see that girl? She's pretty hot, I haven't seen her here before." Matt said as we sat down on one of the many couches, nodding in the direction of a group of three girls.

Cody and I followed his line of sight and sure enough, there was a beautiful brunette standing with Skylar and Jessica.

Her piercing green eyes quickly scanned over the three of us, catching me by surprise. Girls eyes usually lingered of us, apparently we were 'eye candy', but this girl was different.

"She's pretty cute, I wonder who she is." Cody agreed, and I stopped myself from nodding in agreement. I couldn't let the guys know that I had an interest in this mystery girl. They'd never let me live it down. I was known for not having an interest in any girl at this school.

"Well boys, let me show you how it's done." I said in an exaggerated macho voice.

They both gave me confused looks as I got up, but followed anyway as I made my way to Skylar, Jessica and their new friend.

"Are you a treble clef? Because you have curves in all the right places." I stated once I was stood in front of the mystery girl, flashing her my best smile.

She scoffed, "Are you calling me fat?"

What? That wasn't what I meant!

"I could call you many things, but fat isn't one of them. Beautiful, or sexy maybe. But not fat." I quickly recovered, but not as smoothly as I would've liked to.

She rolled her eyes, an annoyed expression on that gorgeous face of hers.

"I've never seen you before, and I'd notice a beautiful girl like you, so I assuming you're new. What's your name?" I asked when I realized that she wasn't going to reply.

"Cora Steele." She answered, giving me a look that said she'd rather be anywhere else but here, talking to me.

"Oh, it's you." I said, making my voice emotionless to mask my disappointment. This beautiful girl, who was seemingly immune to my charm, just had to be the girl that was taking the spotlight off of me. My parents already hated that I was going to school here, but when they found out I wasn't the star student anymore they'd be furious.

Without another word from either of us, I quickly made my way out of the den, Matt and Cody following close behind, trying and failing to hold in their amusement.

When we were in the hallway they both burst out laughing.

"Did you see his face when she accused him of caller her fat?" Cody laughed and Matt nodded, laughing along.

"She wasn't having any of it! That girl is awesome!" Matt exclaimed.

Idiots.