19. Mini Putt

After everything Drew's parents told me yesterday I decided to have a fun day with my friends. I needed to get my mind off of everything and act like a normal teenager for a day.

With the help of Matt, we made a plan to go to the local indoor mini putt course. I'd never heard of indoor mini putt before today, but it sounded fun when Matt suggested it so I asked the girls and Matt asked the boys and everyone agreed to go. All we had to do was work out carpool plans which was easy enough. Sky and I would ride with Matt, Jess would ride with Cody, and Drew would drive alone.

Now we were on our way and I was actually pretty excited. It had been quite some time since I last went mini putting.

When we pulled into the parking lot of the mall that had the indoor mini putt, I looked up in awe at the building. It was all glass windows and steel. Modern and huge and beautiful, I just knew there was going to be so many good stores, even if we were just there for mini putt.

The others were already waiting for us by the front door when we arrived, and soon we all walked in and I was again awestruck again by how beautiful this mall was. And the stores! Better than I could've imagined. As we walked through the building I saw designer store after designer store. Now, I wasn't the type of girl to obsess over shopping or anything but seeing a place like this made me want to shop until I dropped.

"Hey Corey, how about you stop drooling over the stores and keep up with us. You're gonna get lost." Drew teased, falling into step beside me.

I touched my lips to see if I was actually drooling and they were dry. Why did I even fall for that?

"Sorry Andrew." I rebounded and we both gave each other a playful glare for being called our hated nicknames.

"You look constipated when you glare like that." I pointed out as we quickened our pace to catch up with our friends. We somehow fell behind the group.

Drew choked on his spit, obviously not expecting those words to come out of my mouth.

"And you look like the abominable snowman in that sweater." He quickly recovered.

I giggled at his insult. I was wearing a fuzzy white sweater, so I could see where he was coming from, but this thing was warm and soft so I didn't care.

"That's a good sound." Drew muttered, looking at me with soft blue eyes.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, what was he talking about?

"Your laugh." He explained when he saw the confusion on my face, "I like hearing you laugh. I know you've been through a lot, so it's nice to see you happy."

It felt like the wind had been knocked out of my lungs. I wasn't expecting him to say that. I couldn't believe someone, especially Drew, would care that much about seeing me happy.

Suddenly Drew grabbed my hand and started dragging me forward.

"C'mon." He called over his shoulder, "We're gonna lose them if we don't walk faster."

I looked forward and sure enough, the rest of our friends were way ahead of us and rounding a corner.

Together we ran to catch up with them, probably looking like fools in the process.

Once we were close behind our friends again Drew let go of my hand and we silently followed them until we made it to the indoor mini putt course.

"Hey Cora, I got you covered." Matt called from the front of the line.

That was nice of him.

"Thanks." I called back.

"Hey Matty poo, wanna pay for me too?" Cody piped up in a super high girly voice.