20. Down By The Bay

I laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling as I waited for Sky to get back from the mall. I wanted to talk to her tonight about the way she kept looking at me whenever I was around Drew, so hopefully she got back before it was too late at night. I wanted to get a good sleep for school tomorrow.

My cellphone buzzing with a text distracted me from the boredom of waiting for my roommate.

I curiously unlocked my phone and clicked on the message. Who could possibly be texting me?

From: Unknown Number

Research tomorrow at lunch in the library?

Huh? Who would text me that?

I quickly typed out a response asking the person who they were, and a few seconds later my phone buzzed with another text.

From: Unknown Number

I think you know exactly who I am Corey

I rolled my eyes as I read the text. They were right, I did know exactly who it was now.

I quickly added the person to my contacts before replying.

To: Andrew

How'd you get my number, Andrew?

I smirked as I hit send. I hated when he called me Corey but I could see why he did it, it was fun calling him by the name he despised.

My phone buzzed once again only seconds after I sent my text.

From: Andrew

I have my ways >:) now are we on for tomorrow or what?

I was confused for a moment after I read his text, but then I remembered that his first text was asking if I wanted to do research in the library at lunch tomorrow.

To: Andrew

What are we researching?

Moments after I sent the message my phone buzzed again. I could just picture Drew sitting on the couch in his dorm, waiting for my texts. Although the thought of him doing that was sort of strange, I didn't peg him for the type to reply to texts so quickly.

From: Andrew

Research to find out what happened to your parents

I inhaled sharply at his reply. He did promise that we were going to find out what happened, but at the time I just thought he was being nice. I never expected him to actually help.

To: Andrew

It's a date

I smirked at the message as I sent it. I bet he wouldn't know how to reply to that.

Sure enough my phone didn't buzz with another text, and I smiled triumphantly. I made Drew Bates speechless, though text. That has got to be a talent, he always had a response.

Just as I picked up my phone again, this time to text Sky, she walked through the door.

"It's about time." I grumbled, sitting up in bed.

She gave me a small smile, "Sorry, I just wanted to give you and Drew some alone time and I didn't know if you guys were gonna come back here or not."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, why would she think that?

Ignoring what she said, I got straight to the point of why I wanted to talk to her, "So, why have you been giving me this weird smile all day?"

"You really don't see it, do you?" She asked rhetorically.