CHAPTER 07

ZACCHAEUS

NAKASUNOD lang siya kay Zio habang minamaniobre niya ang kaniyang sasakyan.

Nagtaka siya nang bigla itong umiba ng daan. The fuck?!

Ang bilis ng pagpapaandar ni Zio at ganoon na rin ang ginawa niya. "Saan ba pupunta yung babaeng iyon?"

He tried to call Zio but it keeps ringing and didn't answer his calls. Nakita niyang huminto ang sasakyan ni Zio sa Silver Crest Hospital. 

"What is she doing here?" Tanong niya sa sarili bago bumaba at sinundan si Zio sa loob ng Hospital.

May pinasukang kwarto si Zio at siya naman ay tinignan ang pangalan ng pasyente sa loob ng kwarto na pinasukan ni Zio. "Lindsay Orientela?"

Zacchaeus called Malcolm Vegas, two rings and he answered.  "I'm inside of your hospital." Panimula ni Zacchaeus.

"I know." Umismid si Zacchaeus. "Anyway, I'm here because Zio is here, and she visit Lindsay Orientela. What happened to her?"

"A seconds." Natahimik ang kabilang linya hangaang sa magsalita ulit si Malcolm. "Internal Bleeding, it's because of Car Accident. She was drunk while driving her car. Then her car hit another car on other side of the lane."

"That bad?"

"Yes, good thing that she was taken to the hospital immediately. But if not... Maybe she already die."

He sighed and ended the call. Then, he called Ezra Macario. 10 rings before he answered the call.

"Hey—"

"Zio can't go there." Panimula niya.

"It's okay... More like I'm okay now."  Tumawa si Ezra na nakapagtaka kay Zacchaeus.

"What do you mean?  I thought you want Zio to go there for private meeting or something important to do." That's what Zacchaeus thought but then Ezra who's laughing,  explained to him what happened earlier.

"Ganito kasi 'yon Zacc. Nag-brownout kasi dito kanina—"

"Sa yaman mong 'yan. Hindi ka nakabayad ng kuryente mo?" Hindi makapaniwalang napailing si Zacchaeus.

"Nagbayad ako!" Natawa si Zacchaeus sa sinabi ni Ezra.

"Akala ko lang pala na nag brownout. Our janitor turned off the main power switch here because he thought it was the one he smelled burning. Iyon pala 'yung niluluto ni Manang Solyen. Nangialam kasi doon sa kusina, kaya sinabi ko kay Zio may ipapagawa ako sa kaniyang importante at kailangan niya pumunta dito sa restaurant kaagad. I can't go out I might meet white lady so I call Zio." Zacchaeus laughed together with Ezra. He knew Manang Solyen and she actually don't know how to cook.

"Muntik pa kami mag-away ni Zio dahil diyan sa takot mo."

"Sorry man, for calling your girl." Ezra emphasized the last word.

"Forgiven." Zacchaeus tsked, "But next time you will do that again. I swear I'll punch your face."

"Woah... Someone acting like he is the boyfriend!" Pangaasar ni Macario.

Zacchaeus nearly rolled his eyes.  "You know?  Fuck you! You will never have your girl. Never!" He immediately ended the call after he said that.

While he was waiting, Zacchaeus was playing with Blau. Some people looking at him because he's playing with their cute dog and most of the people looking at him because he was fucking handsome and to mention that he's so famous that some wanted to have some pictures with him but he didn't allowed them, he always say that he was with his girlfriend. I'm just dreaming.